Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Okay ... Let's Try This Again, Shall We?

Oh how I have missed blogging!  I can say that I've just been too busy to post, & I will say that because it's true, but still!  I have often thought "Just once a month!  Just post something once a month!"  Time, however, rushes by & I realize that two or three months (or more) have passed & I still haven't posted.  Shame on me!  (I am giving myself a gentle slap on the hand now.)  So as the title of this post says, let's try this again, shall we?

What, you may ask, has been keeping me so busy. The usual.  Downsizing, cleaning, laundry, cooking, crafting, & the never ending dental & medical appointments.  Who said that you find lots of time on your hands when you retire?  It's not true at all.

I don't want to ramble on for too long today.  I'm just going to ease myself back into this.  T'would be nice to become a regular blogger again.  For now I will share a few photos of some of the craft projects I've been working on these past few weeks/months.  Incidentally, if I owe you an email I will answer ... truly I will!  Please be patient with me.

By the way ... CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!   Isn't it wonderful!?!?!  And I decided that today was as good a time as any to bring Christmas to my blog   : )   I won't be doing a lot of decorating this year.  Christmas is going to be very simple.  Maybe just the skinny prim tree with the prim lights & my collection of cross stitch ornaments adorning it.  I continue to fight off the urge to start stitching again.  It's rather difficult for me to have two different crafting pursuits going at the same time.  I will be knitting & think about the quilt I could be working on ... or I'll be working on a quilt & thinking about the ornaments I could be stitching.  Does anyone else experience this?  I never used to have these kinds of thoughts when I was 40-ish.  Why I can remember when I did quilting, wood crafting, painting, tatting, & bobbin lace making, all at the same period in time!  What has happened?  The times they have a-changed, I guess.

Okay ... here are those photos I promised   : )   I couldn't help but include the first one.  Although you can't clearly see the cabled mitts I knit for John (my most recent completed project), I love that golden tree in the background   : )   You can get a closer look at the mitts in photo #2.  Photo #3 shows a pair I knit for myself.




Here's a hat.  It will be a donation, along with a few other things, to an organization in this area that helps veterans.

The following photos show some of the socks I have knitted so far this year.






This is yarn I'm using to knit a pair of Christmas socks.  I just started them.  The name of this yarn is We Need A Little Christmas.  It's like it was made for me   : )

And last, but not least, this is one of the shawls I completed last month.  Shhhh ... it's a gift   : )

12 comments:

Vickie said...

wOw! Wonderful knitting Shirlee. Great to see a post from you. I understand the busyness. Things have changed a LOT for us in the last half year. Stop by my blog to see.

Rhona said...

Nice to have you back blogging! My, you certainly have been busy....those socks are wonderful (as well as the other knitted goodies!)!

Marilyn said...

Good to hear from you.
At least you are keeping busy with projects you enjoy.
Love the mitts!
Marilyn

Mary's Thread said...

Your knitting is lovely! What pretty socks!

Prims By The Water said...

Your socks are amazing. Wish I could knit. Glad you are back to blogging. Hope all is well. Janice

Robin in Virginia said...

It was good to see your new post and the snowy look to your blog. What beautiful knitted items you shared with us, Shirlee! I am glad you are knitting and finding pleasure in it. Thinking of you!

gracie said...

Great to see your post. Time has a way of getting in the way. Beautiful socks and those mittens look warm and soft.

Vicki said...

Oh Shirlee, it's so great to hear from you again! Life does have a way of interfering with blogging, we've all experienced that, haha. Your knitting is gorgeous. I love each and every pair of socks you showed us. I keep thinking that I'd like to take up knitting (after a 40 year absence), but I hesitate (like you said) to add another hobby at this time. Glad you're doing well and looking forward to your next post. Enjoy today!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back! I love those fake feet things you are displaying your socks on.
I've just launched the annual advent calendar blog hop, I know how much you used to enjoy that.

vwestermeyer said...

You can't imagine how excited I was to see a new post!!! Your knitting is gorgeous.

Daffycat said...

Yay! You’re still here! Hey, no guilt allowed...blogging should be done when you feel like it!

Justine said...

Lovely to see a post from you. Your socks all look toasty warm and that Christmas yarn is gorgeous!