Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Got My Nails Done!!!

Nothing tops off a blood testing, pancake breakfast morning like a little pampering.  It's been ages since I've had my nails done professionally so I decided to splurge today before I returned home.

I don't mean to sound like I'm stuck on myself or anything but don't they look lovely?  Okay, okay ... I'll admit it.  This isn't a photo of my nails.  I tried using the time lapse thingie on my camera to take a photo of my own hands but this is the result I ended up with.    
The pink sparkle color of the polish didn't even show up!  I don't know what's up with that   : (   Of course John was out on the town with me so he came into the salon to help me pick a color.  I had never been to this particular salon before.  Like I said above, it's been ages since I've had my nails professionally done.  Several years in fact. When the receptionist asked me which technician I wanted to see, I told her I wanted the best they had.  She told me their best was Eduardo.  It was a bit of a wait (Eduardo is very popular) but it was worth every minute because he did a great job! Luckily I had my camera in my purse & Eduardo agreed to let John take a photo while he worked on me.
Such patience!  Such attention to detail!  My nails flash like a disco ball while I'm stitching. I am having John play the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack as I'm continuing to work on my Stacy Nash.  So cool!!!

In reality I do have pink sparkle nails the same color as the first photo shows but I polished them myself.  You know how everyone has at least one "best feature?" I've always felt my nails were my best feature. I've had fun polishing them since I was in grade school & they've always grown healthy & strong but over the past couple years they've decided to break & split & peel & basically look like crap.  I stopped using polish because I thought letting the nails breathe for a while might help but it hasn't, so I decided to throw caution to the wind & resume using polish.

Here is a tip for all of you who have trouble growing your nails.  Use sparkle nail polish. It's like painting a layer or two of concrete on your nails which helps them resist breaking, splitting, etc.  

Okay ... I've got to end here & get back to Stacy.  The Bee Gees are telling me I should be stitching   : )
         

16 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

I just can't stop laughing! I choked on my pretzels.
You had me fooled with the first pictures of your nails. I have never been able to grow my nails. They are always so thin and weak.
Lucky you!

marly said...

You stinker! Fooled me! I don't know how you come up with these photos for your stories but they deserve a prize. Who would have thought that Travolta could get even better with age???

Carol said...

You just made my day with this post, Shirlee!! I'm just sitting here cracking up :)

Ah...the Bee Gees--now those were the days; I think I about wore out that album!

♥ Nia said...

Concrete on your nails!! LOL that made me laugh so much :D good tip ;)
I don't bife my nails, since I was little, I always loved big and pretty nails :) soon I learned how to do my own mani heheheh
I loved your post! Great way to start my day laughing :D
Thanks!!

Chris said...

You are a funny girl!!

Vickie said...

Ahhhhhh! Now I have that song stuck in my head! Oh Shirlee! Have a super day. :)

butterfly said...

You are the sunshine of my day Shirlee , you always have me in fits of laughter.
My nails are growing due to eating more Lettuce why! I have no clue but they are. hugs

Maggee said...

I have been reading everything about nail art of late, so right away I knew that was a picture from one of the sites I have visited--the pose gave it away! But you are hilarious! I try for a new mani on Sunday, end up not liking it or messing up my right hand, take it off and go all week 'naked'! If only the mosquitoes would go away, I could spend more time outside trying new techniques! (too fume-y indoors to try lots!)Hugs!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love getting manis and pedis and gosh, you had me fooled, and chuckling the whole time. I think, since my darling husband is at a boys golf outing this weekend I may do just that. Thanks for the giggle and the inspiration. Glittery pink for me too. The more glittery and more sparkly, the better!

Michelle said...

Your posts always brigten my day x

Chris said...

Blog hopped and found you and I too have laughed at your truth about the nail pic, I might try your advice about sparkly nail polish although I let my grand daughter put some on my nails once and tried to clean it off for church on sunday and the colour went but the sparklies stayed I hid my hands umder my hymn book..LOL
And I loved the Bee Gees as I once saw them live and still can jig top that tune even at my age!
happy days and blessings
Chris xx

Sally said...

I have never had my nails professionally done. Maybe I should start a a bucket list! Gotta get some of that sparkle polish as mine are always breaking.

Kim said...

I'm a new follower. Love your sense of humor!
Kim

The Merry Stitcher said...

I'm a newbie to your blog and I'm so glad I followed you! Love your nails :)

Janet P said...

Hi Shirlee, just enjoyed so much your blog, apart from the bit that tells me how many days until Christmas!! x

TheCrankyCrow said...

You crack me up Girlfriend. Geesh. Love the time-elapsed photo. I've only had a professional manicure once (before my wedding)....but have a thing for pedicures....my guilty pleasure. No sparklies....just a good old fashion French pedicure for me....unless I'm really living on the wild side...then I might let them paint flowers on the top. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin