Monday, August 20, 2012

August IHSW Report

Good morning!  It's the start of a brand new week!  Let's hope it's a good one for all of us  : )

I did as much stitching this past weekend as I could do.  My eye is definitely much better after a week of drops.  I was so happy with how things were going on Friday that I probably stitched more than I should have & so I decided to keep my stitching to a minimum on Saturday & Sunday.  Still, I completed 3 of the planned 4 Country Rustic Primitives Joy Pinkeep design   : )   Below is a photo of one I made for a gift last Christmas, & the photo following that one shows the 3 stitchings I completed this weekend.


Lots of sunshine streaming through the door there so these stitchings look way too bright. In real life they are much more subdued   : )

I shared a photo yesterday of Sophie enjoying what has become "her box."  This is what I usually see in the mornings when I get up.
I envy how comfortable she is looking there   : )   Yep, looks like this is going to be "her box" for quite some time.

16 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching..
Lots of kisses for Sophie and for you xxx

Vickie said...

Oh sweet Sophie! If I plopped myself down on a box, I would never get up again!ugh! Glad you got so much stitching done. :)

Anne said...

Awww! Sophie is so cute and pretty!! Give her a hug for me! Love your prim Joy's too!!

Девушка с пяльцами said...

Sophie is sooo lovely! I want to hug her!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Lovely finishes!

Sophie is so sweet.
Hope your eye continues to improve.

Holly x

Trace4J said...

Oh I love those Christmas stitches.
What a furry sweetie pie.
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Michelle said...

What lovely Christmas stitching xx

Kendra said...

I don't think you'll be putting that box into storage anytime some :)

Kendra

~Sara said...

Such nice stitcheries! Your kitty looks like mine.Beautiful cat.Mine is a Maine Coon cat with long hair. Blessings~Sara

Carol said...

Sophie is the picture of contentment, Shirlee. So funny that she enjoys settling on top of a cardboard box each morning :)

Glad to hear your eye is feeling so much better--your stitching looks great and I love the little pillow you created...

marly said...

Cats. And cardboard. Haven't figured out the attraction and probably never will. But she is so pretty!

Chris said...

The pinkeeps are lovely. Glad to hear that the eye is better.
Sweet girl. She looks so content.

Bea said...

Great finishes!

Sophie is SO fluffy - what a cutie!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

"This box is designed for multiple uses" - is cat bed one of them?!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha! Just like Jo, I finally looked closer at that box and read the "multiple use" statement. Perhaps Sophie is trying to demonstrate her reading abilities - or is trying out for a Uhaul box commercial..... BTW - love that trunk next to Sophie's box....meant to say that a few posts back....

And wonderful stitchies my friend....You know I love those simple lil' prim designs....Country Rustic, Stacy Nash top my list of favorites....But I'm going to start calling you speed stitcher... Robin

Carrie P. said...

those are going to be so cute and cats are so silly.
I found your blog through the google groups where you asked a question about trying to delete blogs you are following. I am trying to do the same thing and can't get it to work. Did you ever get an answer to how to do it? thanks for any help you can give me.