Monday, August 13, 2012

Update on Me Eye

Ahoy, me hearties!

Came home from seeing me eye doctor & I looked pretty good!

Okay, okay ... this ain't me.  Ye can tell cause me eyes ain't brown ... lol!

Aaaarrrgggghhhh!

This pirate language is a bit tough so let me break character ... character I don't even have because I didn't get a patch.  Poor John ... lol!  What I did get are some eye drops.  The doctor said I am fortunate because I did not hit my cornea with the hairbrush.  I just did a bit of damage to the white of my eye right next to the cornea.  All should be well within a week or so using the drops 4 times a day.  He also told me of my good fortune at not whacking my eye with a hot curling iron or grabbing a tube of crazy glue by mistake & using that rather than eye drops ... problems he swears patients have presented him with a surprising number of times in the past.   Central Kentucky.  I'm not surprised.    

Many thanks for all your concern & prayers. I will see to stitch another day   : )

13 comments:

Angela said...

Glad to hear you have good news concerning your eye. Hoping those drops clear it up really soon. Please don't set the drops near the super glue! YIKES!!!!
Angela

Angela said...

So glad to hear it wasn't that bad and I hope you feel better soon!

Michelle said...

Shirlee - glad to hear the eye wasn't as bad as you had feared and hope you will soon be stitching xx

Chris said...

Glad to hear that you are ok! If you did have to wear a patch it would have been a crafting op and you could have added some trim or something to jazz it up.
So glad that you have names and can move forward with your Etsy adventure! Congrats to the winners!

cucki said...

i hope you feel better soon..
thinking of you so much dear friend.
love cucki xx

butterfly said...

Good to hear your eye will be ok soon. It is always the simple things we do, hugs.

Trace4J said...

Morning
Hope your eye is getting better.
I think a eye patch would be awesome and fun. hehe
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Vickie said...

Oh man!! I thought that WAS you up there!! ;)
So glad your eye will heal.♥

Karyn said...

I'm so glad to hear that drops and healing is the outcome...what a scarey experience that must have been. I can't tell you how many times I forgo mascara these days because I can't see to put it on without my ole lady glasses, and I can't put it on thru them, LOL.
Glad we didn't have to talk like Pirates girlie, but I did have my eye patch and parrot at the ready so you weren't alone...argh!
Enjoy your stitching with both eyes at the helm, and take care!
Hugs
Ma
PS..me thinks that pic may have John wantin' a blond wig and eye patch in the future, hehe.
:)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Glad to hear everything will be o.k.!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Must be your twin sister, hey? ;o) Ooops....sorry - shouldn't wink - probably makes your eye hurt. Sorry to read of your latest misadventure...Sounds like something I would do (ummmm, not the super glue, mind you....) Hope you heal as quick as the wink in a pirate's eye....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Beckyjean said...

So glad the hear your eye will be fine in a few days. I think you'd probably just as good as that pic with an eye patch.

Enjoy your evening~Becky

Carol said...

I'm hoping your eye is healing nicely by now, Shirlee--what a scary thing to have happen!