Monday, August 13, 2012

Stuff - But No Contest Winners Yet

Fear not ... I have chosen a winner in the primitives/decor shop category but am needing to "work" on the craft supplies name a bit.  I have a couple avenues I can follow but the winners will be announced either this afternoon or this evening.  Thank you for bearing with me   : )

I am about ready to head off to the eye doctor.  Yes, another doctor appointment, one which was not in this week's plans until a few moments ago.  On Saturday I was my usual uncoordinated self & while using my round bristle hairbrush to blow dry my bangs ... same as I've done for years & years & years ... I somehow brought the brush up to do another pass through the bangs but ended up whacking myself ... hard ... in my wide-open right eye instead.  Ouch!  My eye watered & hurt for quite a while.  It was of course the weekend.  Not much I could do about it.  Noticed later a strange "bump" to the right of my iris.  It started out small, got bigger, & now has shrunk back down a bit but it looks kind of like a yellow blister & is definitely noticeable.  Since it's still there & bothersome to boot I decided to call the eye doctor's office & was told I had better come in this morning.  Maybe I'll get to play the part of a female pirate for a while.  John might like that   : )

Before I go, I wanted to share with you a new punchneedle goodie which I purchased from Ronda at Simple Thyme Prims.


Sorry about the shadows.  I couldn't get the straight on photo to not have them. Anyway, isn't it wonderful!  I so love punchneedle things & I love Ronda's work.  She had posted a photo of one of these on her blog a week ago, advertising that she had placed it in her Etsy shop, but I saw the post too late & missed out on it.  I sent her an email & said how disappointed I was to have missed it.  I was thrilled when she responded & said that she had actually made 2 of them   : )   I love punchneedle, I love birds, & I love ditty bags so WOO-HOO!  

Okay ... gotta go.  See you (I hope) later   : )

13 comments:

Karyn said...

I adore your ditty bag, Shirlee, and the sweet dried flowers are perfect for it.
Hope the eye Dr. goes well, and that we do not have to address you with an "argh mayte" but as you said hubby may find some fun in it. ;)
Have a great day and keep us posted.
Hugs
Ma

cucki said...

aww i love this cute little bag..
i hope everything goes well at the eye doctor..
big hugs
cucki xx

Angela said...

I do hope your eye will be ok :) Just the thought of that sounds painful! Love the bag too.

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Sorry to hear about your eye. I hope it's nothing serious.
Love the Ditty Bag! So Beautiful. I Love Rhonda's work!
Have a wonderful Monday!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

butterfly said...

Lovely bag.
And poor you hope your eye is ok , I some times hit myself in the face while sleeping .Silly old me.

Девушка с пяльцами said...

The bag is absolutely gorgeous! I love blackbirds! Really sorry to read about your eye. I hope it'll be ok!

Michelle said...

Oh Shirlee - sorry to hear about your eye - thinking of you.
I love love love the bag - its so me!

Chris said...

I hope that your eye will be ok.
That puncneedle bag is wonderful. It looks like you are getting ready for fall.

~Sara said...

Love that little bag. Such nice work. Sure hop that your eye is ok. Praying for fast healing. Blessings~Sara

Vickie said...

Oh my! I prayed for your eye as well. The bag is wonderful.

Mouse said...

cooo can't leave you alone for two mins ... hope you haven't done anything too serious to your eye ... love that wee bird bag too :)
and can't wait to see the names you have picked :)
love mouse xxxxx

marly said...

What a great bag. Nice colors and size. I guess I need to check her site. NOW. I'm reading posts backwards (like I do magazines) and know that your eye was treated. Good thing it will heal!

Ronda said...

Hi Shirley,,

Sorry to read about your eye...we do the silliest things.~..thanks for sharing your ditty bag...looks wonderful hanging there!..glad it arrived safely!..hope to work on your next one soon...

take care of yourself!

blessings,
~Ronda