Friday, August 3, 2012

Thank You for Praying

I took an anti-anxiety pill & left for my dentist's office this morning.  It took me a little over 20 minutes to drive there & I prayed along the entire route & continued praying in the office & while in the exam chair.  I knew that many of you were praying for me as well & I know that really helped the entire situation    : )   Everyone at the office was extremely nice to me including the dentist!  She was very concerned about my feelings & listened intently as I described the issues.  To make a long story short, I agreed that she could send the bridge back to the company that made it so it could be adjusted.  The assistant did another impression & I'm back to wearing my acrylic bridge for a week or two.  

As far as the whistling goes, we are going to see what can be done about that when I go back for the adjusted bridge to be put in.

The dentist had an emergency patient so she was working with him at the same time she was working with me.  During one of the times she was with him the assistant told me that in all her time working with the dentist she has never seen anyone have such difficulty having a bridge placed.  She said usually it's cemented in & that's that.  I told her that's how it had been for me in the past with the other 2 bridges I have.  Neither of us had a clue as to why I was having so many problems this time around but she said not to worry, the dentist would make it right.

My deepest thanks to all of you who prayed about this.  I really could feel your prayers & at one point I imagined Jesus standing along the side of the exam room just smiling at me & letting me know that He was in charge   : )  

11 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

I am behind in my blogs, but am sending out a small prayer right now. Take care, Janice

marly said...

Whew. Glad she was more receptive to your concerns and hopefully this will be resolved and comfortable. Have a great weekend!

butterfly said...

Hope all go's well for you Shirlee. hugs.

cucki said...

I hope all goes well for you dear friend
Big hugs xxx

Shebafudge said...

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you were thinking it may be. Hopefully it will get sorted now.

Vickie said...

Well Shirlee, I am so glad you were calmed. I have continued to pray for this whole situation. So far so good, right? Let us hope it is finally resolved.

Angela said...

Morning Shirlee, You have the proof that God does hear and answer prayers. So proud for you that this visit went much better. Hoping after this bridge comes back the problems will be resolved. Have a good weekend,
Angela

Sally said...

I hope that the bridge comes back and it fits well and you have no more problems. Lots of hugs and good thoughts coming across the pond.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Sweet Shirlee - sorry I got behind and didn't see your need for prayer until now. Glad that they are trying to make it right - and I will certainly pray (double time) that the adjustments are successful and make this time around a perfect fit. I hate dental work - even when it goes routinely and smoothly - can't imagine having the complications and issues you have had. Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Yeah! Hugs to you.
Nothing like feeling the power of prayer.
Hugs
Trace

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

I'm just now catching up on your posts! Sending Prayers your way that they get it right this time!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net