Sunday, August 12, 2012

An Unanticipated Early Start To A New Day

I actually woke up at 2 a.m.  I stayed in bed until 2:30 & was having too much anxiety to get back to sleep so I got up & made a cup of chamomile tea (thinking it would help alleviate the anxiety) & decided to do some computer stuff.  John got up a little while after I did (he was having trouble sleeping too).  I am now washing a load of sheets & John is upstairs gathering CDs to put into a box for another eBay listing.  As I'm writing this it's 2 minutes away from 3:59 a.m.  I couldn't find a picture of a 3:57 a.m. clock face.  Imagine that!  Lol!

Why am I anxiety filled?  I know you're thinking I'm probably stressing over the shop names but no, that's not it.  I don't know what it is.  This happens to me a lot lately.  I had a visit with my doctor on Friday. Various treatments tried over the past year just aren't working as they should so she is convinced there is "something else" at work here (in addition to the Lyme) & God bless her, she is bound & determined to find out what it is.  She filled out a lab order for me for a ton of blood tests which I will attempt to get done tomorrow morning.  

Yesterday I spent pretty much the entire day working outside.  I dug up a multitude of weeds this time rather than spraying them.  I also planted some new bushes we bought last week at a 50% off sale.  Not all of them. There are 3 remaining.  I just couldn't continue.  Of course the weather has been crazy this year with warm temperatures coming way too early, everything blooming, then a heavy frost wreaking havoc on everything, then an early & blazing hot summer.  The plants don't seem to know what's going on.  I've got 2 azalea bushes full of buds & an iris budding out in one garden ... yet in another garden I had to trim everything down in preparation for the winter because it had all gone dormant already!  After doing as much work as I could I came inside, took a shower, & I was quite pitiful until bedtime.  I'm apparently getting "too old" for all this yard work.  My ankles hurt, my thighs hurt, my wrists hurt, & I could barely walk.  I was so tired, even after taking a nap for an hour or so.  I couldn't wait to go to bed & anticipated myself having a very good sleep, especially considering the fact that I had taken a hydrocodone before climbing into bed.  Well, you know how this story ends ... wide awake at 2 a.m.  

John was helping me for a while outside but had a scary episode which made him stop. Some of you know of his health issues.  I was weeding in the front of the house & he was in back planting one of the new bushes.  I decided I needed a bottle of water & thought I would take one to him as well.  I came around to the back door & saw him placing dirt around a plant he had just placed in the ground.  I waked into the house, got 2 bottles of water, walked back outside in what I'm sure was less than 30 seconds ... & when I glanced toward where I had seen him last he was lying on the ground.  I thought he was just taking a rest but when I got to him he had actually fainted!  He was extremely weak.  I got him to his feet but he had trouble walking.  I got him into the house where he sat for a while drinking the water.  I then convinced him to take a shower & lie down.  He was feeling a bit better after the shower & assured me he was just going to sleep so there was no reason for me to stop what I was doing outside.  After he fell asleep I went back outside & a while later he came outside & said he was feeling better but he wasn't going to do any more yard work.  I said that was fine.  He was pretty much okay for the rest of the day but did say he felt a bit "out of it."  He really hasn't been doing very well recently ... really worrisome stuff for me ... but getting him to see a doctor is next to impossible.  I think he has a 6-month checkup in September & he is planning to just discuss these things with his doctor then.  I am really concerned though   : (   I was actually thinking of taking a trip to Pittsburgh later this month to visit my aunt & cousin for a few days but I'm not going anywhere now.  I would just be too concerned about leaving him alone.  We only have each other to rely on.  No friends or family nearby, no neighbors to turn to, etc.  

Today the plan is to finish going through the flea market stuff upstairs.  I actually decided last Thursday to get into the boxes & price things thinking I'd do a yard sale with my aunt when I was still thinking about going to visit her.  However, with the exception of a huge amount of Hallmark Christmas ornaments & a huge amount of DVDs, there really isn't much to get excited about.  I decided it wasn't even worth giving these things to the church that was advertising for donations for an auction the week before last.  (I had talked about this in a recent post).  So ... I removed all the price stickers I had placed on the items & put them in boxes to take to Goodwill.  John will probably continue to sell the DVDs on eBay & I don't know what I'll do with the Hallmarks ... maybe just give them to Goodwill too.  I have 2 or 3 more boxes of things to go through & then that will be the end of that.  Once it's all out of here it will free up a nice chunks of space. Not a huge chunk, mind you, but enough to make a bit of a difference in that one part of that one room.  That will be nice   : )   Of course next week I will be able to start selling things in my new shops!  Hopefully that will go well   : )      

Well, I apologize for all the rambling this morning.  Such is life when you get an early start on the day I guess   : )   I actually have some pretty neat things to show you once I get some pictures taken of them. Maybe I'll work on that today as well   : )   Have a wonderful Sunday!

9 comments:

cucki said...

Oh dear ...stil don't know what are my plans for today..
I think I will enjoy my lazy time..
Happy Sunday to you xxx

Mouse said...

ohhhh hope DH is feeling much better and tell him from this wee mouse to go to the dr's .... that's an order ..lol

hope they get to the bottom of you too ....
have a good day and hope you manage to sleep tonight :) love mouse xxxx

Vickie said...

Oh boy! I am praying for you both. I would make John's dr. appt NOW. Then it will be set for the very beginning of Sept.
Such a good feeling from cleaning up and clearing out. :)

Peggy Lee said...

Your husband sounds a bit like mine. He will go to his 6 mo. check ups but doesn't like to make appts. for anything else. Such bullheadedness!!
I do hope this isn't something serious. We have a blood pressure cuff on hand here. Do you think that may be an issue?

Sounds like you are making good progress at sorting things out. It will be nice to have just a bit more space, huh?

butterfly said...

Sorry Shirlee you are not sleeping to well, I don't sleep to well now mine is an age thing some nights I sleep great others just can't get to sleep.
Also you have the worry of your DH and the excitement of your new shops so your mind is not resting .
Have a nice easy Sunday, hugs.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy Sunday Shirlee.....

Yikes - that is worrisome about John. I don't know what it is with men and doctors....mine's the same way - although for him, it's been decades since he's gone. I think (I know) he thinks that if he goes, the dr will find a good many of things wrong and be telling him things he doesn't want to hear. Too bad they don't make big girl panties for men. Anyways, hope he's ok.....and hope they figure out your issues as well. I never thought I'd ever have sleep issues either - but some nights are horrid....other days, it's a struggle to open my eyes. For me though, I think it's called "stress." :o If you find a good market for those Hallmark ornaments, let me know - I have two boxes full. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

marly said...

After that scary episode, I can certainly see anxiety!!! Sometimes the anti anxiety and sleep inducing meds have the opposite effect when you are over tired. My A-fib brother has trouble at night and his cardio doc said that over doing causes his rhythm to alter slightly which creates the unsettled feeling. After noting his problem days, he realized they were always after doing more than he should have. May have nothing to do with your problem, but I don't have anything else for 'ya!!! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Michelle said...

Oh Shirlee - thinking of both you and John and here was me thinking you were probably worrying over the name of your shop! Bless you both xx

Laura Tesoricountry said...

Oh Shirlee, how are you both today?!
I've just read your post and really wish all the best to you and to John!
Laura