Sunday, October 25, 2015

All Kinds of Stuff

First, & most importantly ...

I sure am   : )

Secondly, my birthday was last Wednesday.  It started out with this.

A cup of Birthday Tea by Adagio Teas   : )   It has sprinkles in it!!!
Pretty cool, huh   : )

I had a very nice day.  John had lots of surprises planned for me.  He took me out to breakfast, & then we went to the mall where he bought me some of my favorite Teavana tea as well as a box of Godiva Open Oysters.  I know that the angels must serve Godiva Open Oysters to Jesus on special occasions in heaven   : )   There were various gifts given throughout the day, & then he took me to dinner at one of my favorite places to eat ... Big Boy!  I had the always wonderful bacon burger with onion rings.  In lieu of making myself a birthday cake, I planned instead to bring home a slice of BB's pumpkin pie as my birthday dessert, which I did.  I ate it while we watched a little something on DVD.  Within 2 hours, my perfectly lovely day turned into a nightmare.  Food poisoning!!!  I'm sure the pie was the culprit.  The remainder of my birthday until about 3 a.m. the following morning was not fun.  I'll spare you the details.  John wanted to take me to the ER.  I told him I'd be fine.  I'm still not quite back to normal today, but I'm better.  

On Friday afternoon I felt up to taking a little walk up & down the street.  The fall colors have been so pretty here this year ... I brought my camera along to share some of them with you.
     






They're all so pretty, aren't they?  There was a nip in the air along with the smells of autumn.  Truly beautiful!  

I've continued crocheting & have started a new blanket based on fall colors.
And I finished the ripple blanket I gave you a peek at last time   : )



It's a gift for John but he doesn't know it yet   : )

I also finished my yarn bag pieces (it was also available for peeking at in my last post) but I haven't sewn the pieces together yet.  Maybe I can share that next time   : )

I will leave you with one final photo ... a birthday gift from our poodle princess, Vickie ... a cross stitched pincushion with a pomegranate design. I've taken several photos but can't get any of them to truly show what a beautiful pincushion this is & how beautifully it has been stitched & finished.  This is the best I could do.  Thank you again Vickie!

19 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday except for the food poisoning! Thank you for sharing the fall foliage in your neck of the woods. Stunning! Congratulations on getting your ripple afghan finished! Nice gift you received from Vickie!

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Yes, except for the HORRIBLE FOOD POISONING, your birthday sounds great. sheesh. I hope you are back to normal tomorrow!
You are most welcome my friend. I thank God you are my friend.

KimM said...

Oh man - food poisoning! ICK! I hope yo are back to your spritey self soon. I love your crocheting, the ripple afghan is so pretty - I'm sure John will love it. Other than the food poisoning, it sounds like you had a lovely birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY a bit late, my friend. And what a pretty gift from Vicke. She's a peach, isn't she?
xxx

marly said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry it ended the way it did. What a very nice street to walk down!

KDono62139 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday except for the food poisoning - thanks for posting pics of leaves turning we dont see that here in jacksonville fl - great colors on the blankets - love your ripple design!

Just Another Old Geezer said...

I love your ripple blanket - such lovely colors (and the trees are pretty colorful too!!) Thanks for showing us these neat photos...
http://crossstitchpatternheaven.weebly.com

Justine said...

Happy birthday! Your blankets are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the tree photos too.

Annette-California said...

Happy Birthday! Those open oysters are the best, my fav also!
Lovely fall colors in your area. Gorgeous blankets! Beautiful pincushion from Vickie! Oh that pie - hope you feel all better soon.
love Annette

Dawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Shirlee! So sorry for your birthday evening illness- glad to hear you've recovered. The Afghans are beautiful!! Wondering if you'd share your pattern for your Fall Color one? I have a ripple wip of 3 years now, lol. perhaps this winter...This fall has been beautiful!

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes!
Such pretty autumn colours in your street.

PNLima said...

I'm so sorry I forgot your birthday :-(
Happy birthday my friend! We wish you all the best!
John is such a good guy! The day seemed to be wonderful for what you describe, except for the food poisoning, of course!
Hope you are feeling better!

Vicki said...

Happy (belated ) Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome day, until the pie. Your crochet projects are gorgeous!

Maggee said...

Happy Belated Birthday! My Dad's birthday would be today... NOW I will remember yours! Plus I am writing it down! Ha! Sounds like it went well, for the most part. I am sorry that you got food poisoning tho... ugh... You made a beautiful ripple blanket... really nice! And the new one is looking great! Making good use of that yarn--great! Belated Birthday Hugs to you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry about the food poisoning though. Hope you are feeling better again.

Vickie's biscornu is lovely, such a beautiful colour. The Autumn photos look awesome too!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry it ended in such a terrible way. Food poisoning is the worst! That is a gorgeous ripple blanket, and a lovely pincushion from Vickie :D

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Shirlee! It sounded wonderful until I got to the part about the food poisoning... Ugh!! I have a very sensitive stomach so I have to be very careful when we go out or I get sick so easily... Anyway, I wish you a wonderful year ahead!

Your blankets are so pretty in those colors and I love the pincushion from Vickie--I'm sure it made your day :)

Kaisievic said...

Happy, happy birthday my very dear friend. I hope that nasty bug has gone away. Gorgeous gift from Vickie and those autumn leaves are so pretty.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Love your crocheted rugs as well, very pretty colours.

Pam in IL said...

Happy Birthday! Except for the food poisoning, it sounds like you had a nice day. John sure knows how to take care of you! The fall trees are beautiful. You did great on the crochet blankets. Vickie was so thoughtful to send you the gorgeous pincushion.