Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hisser Sisters Christmas Socks KAL

August 25, 2016

So it was Tuesday, late afternoon, when I glanced at the calendar hanging on the wall & noticed the date ... August 23rd.  "Hmmm," I said to myself, "tomorrow is the 24th."  My next thought was "Hmmm, tomorrow it will be just four months until Christmas!"  And then I thought, "Hmmm!  I wonder if Claire would be up to casting on a pair of socks for a Hisser Sisters Christmas Sock KAL?"  I immediately sent her a message & she eagerly agreed   : )   Our first Hisser Sisters Christmas Sock KAL, running simultaneously with our first blanket CAL!

We didn't have much time to get ready.  I sorted my available Christmas sock yarns.

Yes, there are a few if them as I've been stocking up since before last Christmas   : )   I narrowed my choices it down to two skeins, & the winner was the fourth from the left, bottom row.
It's beautiful, isn't it?  Baerenwolle yarn is produced by an indie dyer in Germany.  This particular skein is a blend of 80% extra fine merino wool & 20% polyamide.  The colorway name is Klingelingeling which means Dingalingaling in English. I can hear those sleigh bells now   : )  

I chose to keep my KAL in this Christmas drawstring project bag.
I wound my skein of yarn into a ball & cast on my socks last night.  Here's my progress thus far.  
Here is Claire's yarn selection for the KAL ... Cascade Heritage Prints & Solids.  
John helped me kick off the "four months until Christmas Eve" celebration yesterday by playing a Christmas CD in the morning, & then we watched a Christmas movie in the afternoon.  A very nice day indeed   : )

2 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great Christmassy choices, Shirlee.

Sarah in Stitches said...

That yarn looks gorgeous! Just a little more than a month left now :D