Friday, November 9, 2018

A Couple More Finishes and Some Purchases

The weather is cooler here in northern Kentucky and I am, of course, thrilled!  Will it snow soon?  Will it snow at all?  I hope so!

I have finished stitching two more ornaments!  I love this first one, and yes, I was singing the song in my head the entire time I was stitching it   : )

Designer:  Heartstring Samplery
Design:  The Holly Bears the Crown
Fabric:  32 ct Vintage Examplar
Floss:  WDW as suggested by designer

I stitched this next design back in 2014 but gave the finished ornament away as a gift.  I've always wanted one of my own so this is it   : )
Designer:  Nikyscreations
Design:  Faith - from 2014 JCSCO issue
Fabric:  32 ct Examplar
Floss:  DMC as suggested by designer

As for purchases, I was watching a podcast recently (Mel's Travel and Stitching) and she showed a chart or two from The Drawn Thread.  She talked about how happy she had been purchasing from them directly.  There was a design or two that I've been wanting to purchase for a while so I decided to place an order.  I ended up purchasing six kits … lol!  I am very pleased with their service.  They shipped my order either that same day or the next and it arrived here in record time, and they wrapped my purchases in pretty tissue paper.  For a brief moment I thought it might be nice if I waited and placed them underneath the Christmas tree, but since I will most likely not be decorating this year I decided to open them now   : )   I purchased Snow Day, Welcome Winter, The Night Before Christmas, Good Tidings, Christmas Thoughts Sampler, and Christmas Cards.  I have no idea when I'll be stitching them since I am so focused on ornaments now (I just kitted another 21 ornaments!) but I'm looking forward to stitching each one   : )
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just two weeks away!  I'm toying with the idea of not making a Thanksgiving dinner this year.  Yep, no Christmas decorating and maybe no Thanksgiving dinner.  It's been that kind of year.   

9 comments:

PNLima said...

Just love the finishes and the new HAUL is great and I'm sure you will be stitching it to perfection (like the Paris stocking you made for me).
Hope the snow will be coming your way
All the way from Portugal
Paula

Vickie said...

Those are beautiful ornaments Shirlee! I love your new charts. Well if you are going away, and you don't feel like bothering with Thanksgiving, I guess why do it then?

marly said...

Hope somehow you will be able to have at least a small lighted tree. I know how you love the season and decorations. We get closer to eating out at holidays every year. For only five people, it seems just as much work as for fifteen.

Lots of ornaments ready for your needle, hope we get to see them!

Robin in Virginia said...

You picked a number of good designs, Shirlee. I like the ornaments you have stitched.

Marilyn said...

Great ornaments, love Holly & Ivy.
Those are some great kits you got from DT.
Enjoy stitching them!
Marilyn

gracie said...

Wonderful projects. It is nice when the company sends a purchase wrapped so nice and pretty.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! These are such great choices, Shirlee, I love them all . Double wow! 21 ornies kitted up - you are on a roll!

Vicki said...

It's so good to hear from you again, Shirlee! Great finds from The Drawn Thread. My DIL loves their patterns. They are one of her "go-to" designers.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I know how much you love snow! Great designs from Drawn Thread, I think I might need more of their work! Love those four houses in the Christmas Card chart,