Friday, November 16, 2018

Hmm Hmm Hmm, Hmm Hmm Hmm, Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm!

Subject line!  Do you know what I am cheerfully humming?  Yes, Jingle Bells!  It's cold!  It snowed a bit yesterday!  All is right with the world   : )

I've finished three more ornaments   : )   These are from The Prairie Schooler Book 202, Evergreen.  I would have stitched more of them if I had more of the 32 count sage Jobelan.  Does anyone know where I can find some?  I have been searching but have not had any luck.  I used the suggested DMC threads except I made a slight change on the snowman.  I used 900 for his nose and 976 for his broom.

  
I am now wanting to stitch more Prairie Schooler stuff   : )   I have a lot to choose from, but I have almost two dozen ornaments already kitted up so I will be good and postpone them until sometime next year.  I also have plans to stitch a couple more PS samplers.  Then of course there's all the other stuff I want to stitch.  I'm going to live for at least another 50 years, right?

John and I are going to be leaving the US in less than two weeks to visit the Christmas markets in Cologne and Wuppertal.  We will first spend 2 days in London, then take a train to Cologne.  When our time in Germany is done we will take the train back to London and then head home the following day.  I'm kind of freaking out … lol!  It seems there is so much to do before we leave and it's overwhelming me a bit.  I'd like to take some stitching with me but alas, I can't even see 28 count fabric, not to mention charts, without my magnifying light   : (   I will have to instead take something I can knit along with some kind of book to read.  Now I have to choose a knitting project, get it started, and choose a book!  AHHHHH!!!

I hope everyone is well!

13 comments:

Edgar said...

What cute ornies!! You'll love the Christmas markets, I've been to the markets in Cologne but not to Wuppertal. Such fun stuff to see and do!! Make sure to hit the "Angels Market" and have some Gluhwein (mulled wine), delish!

Vickie said...

Love these little finishes. Maybe you can find an audio book from your library? Have you done those before? I get them all the time from my library and stitch while listening to them. Hope you find a nice knitting project for your awesome trip!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love the polar bear and Christmas tree!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great PS ornies. The trip to Europe sounds wonderful!

Julie said...

Nice stitching.
Have a great trip

Heritage Hall said...

Shirlee ~
I tried to purchase the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue on eBay and was told the Nickycreations Faith ornament was not in it??? Would you please verify, as I would love to make that one...
Mary
heritagehalltn@gmail.com

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finishes, Shirlee and yes, of course we are all going to live another fifty years! lol! Your trip sounds amazing! Have lots of fun!

Ele said...

Love your ornaments. Christmas markets in Germany are so beautiful, I am sure you will have a great time
Enjoy

Marilyn said...

Your ornaments are all so cute.
Have fun on your getaway!
Marilyn

gracie said...

Love the ornaments. Your trip sounds wondeful.

marly said...

I did have some from years ago, now it is listed as SummerKhaki/Sage. If I find that I still have it, will gladly send along. Safe travels!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your PS ornaments are adorable, Shirlee. I love the changes in color you made to the snowman block. I was wondering if you had snow around Thursday. We ended up with ice and sleet. Enjoy your trip!

Vicki said...

Have an awesome trip, Shirlee!!