Thursday, December 13, 2018

Advent Calendar Blog Hop - Day 13

Welcome to Jo's whatever-number-it-is annual Advent Calendar Blog Hop!  Sorry Jo, I don't know how long you've been doing this, but it's been a while and we all love you for it   : )   After a much-too-long absence I am once again joining in, and my day is today, Day 13.

Jo's blog is Serendipitous Stitching.  I have linked to her 2018 Online Advent Calendar post and you will be able to connect to all the participants there.

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  In fact, I stitch Christmas things all year round!  I have a tree which I enjoy decorating with my own stitched ornaments and those that were gifted to me from my blogging friends, but alas, this year there is no tree, no decorations of any kind.  This was my decision for multiple reasons.  I will still cook good food on Christmas Eve … turkey and ham, stuffing, and potato salad.  I might make a pan of brownies and a bowl of Angels Delight as well.  I will make our traditional orange rolls on Christmas morning.  John and I will then spend a quiet day together eating and watching Christmas movies.  Next year we will have settled into a new home, life will be simpler, and I look forward to decorating then.  In the meantime I have no Christmas stitching on display that I can share with you, so I dug into my archives of past stitched ornament photos and decided to share the one below.  I stitched this little ornament a few years ago as a gift for someone.

Peace on Earth  - Pine Mountain Designs

Christmas, to me, is celebrating the birth or our precious Lord and Savior.  I recently learned that Christmas is celebrated this way by Christians in Germany.  December 6th, St. Nicholas Day, is the day when St. Nicholas brings gifts.  Christmas Day is the day you celebrate Jesus.  I like that custom   : )

This year Jo wants us to share our favorite Christmas song.  It has been really hard for me to pick just one as I love so many of them, but I decided to share the following song with you … Mary Did You Know.  The words are so beautiful and meaningful and they speak to the true meaning of Christmas.  I must admit that I cry without fail every time I hear it.  I hope you will enjoy it as well.  I wish you all a very happy and blessed Christmas!

  

23 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good to see you in the line up for the blog hop, Shirlee! I have been thinking of you and hoping you are having a good time.

gracie said...

Lovely post. Great song....I listen to it sung by Michael Crawford ….

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas, Shirlee!!

Katie said...

Sorry you weren't able to decorate this year. We finally got our decorations finished today. Love the adorable pillow you made for your friend. That is a beautiful song indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the 8th Advent Calendar Blog Hop - it's easy for me to remember as I started in 2011.
Love the ornie and the beautiful song too. Thanks for sharing and I hope that 2019 sees you in a nicer place with plenty of snow and all your Christmas finery.

Cathy said...

Enjoy your quiet Christmas. That's one of my favorite songs, too.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely post, Shirlee, Merry Christmas to you and John.

Vickie said...

Oh Shirlee! I was so excited to see MY GIFT shown here on your post. I still display it every Christmas my friend! I love that song very much. Thanks for sharing it.

Mary said...

Shirlee, I am listening to your song choice, I can't believe I never heard this before. Lovely as is your stitch. Just became a new follower. Mary

Julie said...

Lovely stitched pillow.

marly said...

I have never heard it before. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy your Christmas without adornment, just as special.

Sorry, cannot find the 32 sage, must have relinquished it!

RJ said...

Shirlee I love your ornament. It is so pretty and has the true meaning of Christmas. I also love the song you picked...one of my favorites too. This is the first time I've seen your blog and will return and catch up with past posts. I signed up to follow too. My friend Mary and I have a blog too that we would love to have you come and visit. It is stitchingfriendsforever. Have a lovely and blessed Christmas. RJ

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a lovely ornament and a lovely song. I hope you'll have a very nice and quiet Christmas!

FlashinScissors said...

A lovely ornament, Shirlee!
Lovely song too.
Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas!
Barbara x

DJ said...

What a lovely post! Christmas is my favorite time of year, probably for the same reason! I love your ornament, so nicely stitched and finished! This is one of my favorite Christmas songs too! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Elfie said...

I love your Christmas pillow. I also love Christmas stitching, and I stitch Christmas ornaments all year. You have chosen a very beautiful Christmas carol. Merry Christmas.

rosey175 said...

I think it sounds like you have a very peaceful and wonderful Christmas planned! It will be fun to figure out the decorations new placements next year. Your ornament is very sweet and perfect for the Reason of the Season!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a precious ornament you stitched!
I love the song you chose, it is a truly beautiful one.

Ariadne said...

Love your little ornament and your header too!AriadnefromGreece!

Beth in IL said...

It is fun seeing everyone's stitching and your choice of song is wonderful. Have a blessed Christmas season.

Mouse said...

long time no squeak :) waving small paw at you .. lovely choice of song and hope that you have a lovely Christmas and that next year you will be able to decorate to your hearts content :) love mouse xxxxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A beautiful song and ornament for Christmas.

Beth in IL said...

Merry Christmas! Finally getting a moment to do the Advent Hop. Thanks for sharing.