Thursday, June 13, 2013

Busy Doing Nothing

This has kind of been me for the last few days.  Then again, I guess I really haven't been technically doing nothing.  I've been sleeping a lot.  I had a spinal stenosis flare over the weekend, saw a new doctor on Monday, got a new prescription for pain medicine, ran some errands, & yesterday I had a yummy burger & fries at the Huddle House followed by a Dairy Queen ice cream cone for dessert.  I've been doing a bit of stitching & finishing as well but I can't share photos of any of that yet.  So okay ... I haven't actually been doing nothing  Sure seems like it though.

I know you have all been worried about the fawn & I apologize for not posting an update sooner.  I can't say that I'm real pleased with the actions of the wildlife rescuer but I guess she didn't have much choice.  We waited until late afternoon & the momma deer did not appear.  We called the rescuer who was able to get the fawn from behind the willow bush.  She held it in her arms & the poor thing was bleating so pitifully.  She was telling us about how she currently has 5 other fawns that she's taking care of, the nice safe place she has on her property for them, etc.  The little fawn kept bleating & bleating.  Suddenly momma deer came running into the neighbor's field.  She spotted us holding her baby & the fawn spotted her.  The rescuer put the fawn down so it would run to its momma, but the momma ran one way & the fawn ran in the opposite direction.  We watched it go into the neighbor's field near a hedgerow.  The rescuer said it would be okay ... that when it got hungry, it would start bleating & the momma would find it.  I would've felt a lot better if I had seen it actually run off with the momma, but I guess the rescuer knows what she's talking about.  I hope so anyway. The pit bulls owned by our other neighbor never go into that field so the fawn should have been safe from them. 

Right now we are having the granddaddy of all storms.  High winds, darkness, lots of thunder.  I love it   : )   Off I go to make a bit of brunch.  Fried egg sandwiches with cheese. Sounds good to me   : )   I hope to finish my finishes today too.  Wish me luck!  


gracie said...

It is so hard with baby critters. We sometimes have the Quails leave the babies behind and they cry frantically until the parents return. Nature does take care of itself, most of the time. Hope you are feeling better.... keeping you in my thoughts.

Kim said...

I love fried egg and cheese sandwiches. I hope the fawn and momma have reunited. Thanks for the update.

butterfly said...

I also hope the little cute fawn finds mummy ok.
Hope you feel better soon big hugs

Marie said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I wonder why the mother deer ran away rather than try to connect with her baby? Fingers crossed they will reunite.

The weather here is dreadful as well...constant rain, rain, rain, rain, rain...I am SO tired of it. UGH.

Good luck with that finishing.

Barb said...

Hi Shirlee, Sounds like the fawn will be ok that is good news. Good luck on the finishes. Hope the meds work for you , I was drooling whilst reading your post being diabetic isnt much fun lol.
We had summer last week one week of sunshine ,all theplants are so behind this year. Take care.

Annette-California said...

Hope you are feeling better Shirley. Loved hearing about the sweet fawn. I know in my heart that the momma and fawn were united later. I sure hope so. Have fun stitching in the storm - hope you have good light to stitch. love Annette

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I am sure the fawn will be fine. Don't worry.

Oh, I hope the storms aren't too bad.

Looking forward to seeing some of your stitching.

Hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Blessings always

Michelle said...

Oh Shirlee I do hope you feel better soon - also loved the story about the Fawn xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Aww, poor baby. I hope it finds it mama soon. And I hope your feeling better! That spinal stenosis doesn't sound too good. :(

cucki said...

I am praying that little fawn found his mom soon
Hope you feel better dear
Big hugs x

Linda said...

Sounds like the fawn and mama will be fine.


Peggy Lee said...

I was just thinking of that poor little fawn earlier today. Thanks for the update. I too will think positive that they have reunited.

I haven't had a fried egg sandwich in years but I gotta tell ya....that sounds real good about now!

Yep...those storms rolled through here. We can usually keep our front windows open when it rains being that they are to the porch but this time the rain was blowing in completely sideways!! Didn't last long though.

Peggy Lee said...

I forgot...Love what you've done with your blog theme!

Simply Victoria said...

Hope the baby and his mama reconnected. Take care dear one!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh dear! I would have hoped for a better ending with this deer story. I really hope they'll both be reunited soon.

Chris said...

Yummy sandwiches :)
I am feeling that way too. Blah...
I hope that you were successful with your finishing.
Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

That sandwich sounds good and busy doing nothing is good too. We need to rest and take stock of all our blessings
Love Chris xxxxx

Pam in IL said...

I've been pretty much feeling like Snoopy in that pic too.

Glad to hear the momma deer is still around.

And fried egg sandwiches sound so good! I haven't had a good one for so long. My mom is the only I know who can make them good.

Kaisievic said...

Love the sound of your brunch - I had a cheese and ham omelette with toast for my lunch today - yum!

I am sure that the fawn will be okay.

hugs, Kaye

renee said...

Hi Shirlee,
I hope that you will feel better. I am sure that you are busier than you think you are.
I hope the baby fawn was united with it's mom. That would be hard.
I am busy with perennials and veggies this year.
Still working on my house, story of my life.
Going through much changes here.
Have a great day.
God bless.