Saturday, June 22, 2013

Finishes & Gifts

I know I should be hunkered down in my recliner stitching away for IHSW, but I'm in the midst of making lunch (it's baking in the oven) so I decided to do a blog post instead : )  

Last weekend, the IHSW prequel, I finished stitching these two Pine Mountain kits. Please ignore the little white fuzzball on the first item which escaped my attention when I took the photo.

Recipe for America
American Star

I also finished stitching together the following pinkeeps.
Design:  Primitive Liberty Hanging Pinkeep
Designer:  Country Rustic Primitives
Fabric:  Osnaburg
Floss:  DMC
Design:  Primitive Freedom 1807 Pinkeep
Designer:  Country Rustic Primitives
Fabric:  Osnaburg
Floss:  DMC
The backs of the above pinkeeps   : )
Design:  Can't tell you (it's an RAK)
Designer:  Can't tell you this either
Fabric:  Linen - I forget the count
Floss:  DMC
Design:  Can't tell you (it's a gift)
Designer:  Can't tell you this either
Fabric:  32 ct lambswool linen
Floss:  DMC

I also received some wonderful gifts this week!  This first gift is from Maggee from Stitching Devotee. Magge is such a very thoughtful person.  Look at the RAK she sent me!  A My Big Toe design I had admired in one of her posts, a lovely Sampler Girl pinkeep design, & 4 luscious GA threads!  I was also very excited about that little notecard she enclosed with all the M&Ms pictured on it!  I'm dieting right now & let me tell you, I've almost licked the picture off that notecard!!!  Thank you again Maggee ... I love it all   : )
As Sophie posted the other day, Peggy Lee from Kentucky Sampler came to visit.  Sophie & I have a bit of a disagreement.  She says Peggy came to see her.  I say Peggy came to see me.  I think I win the disagreement because Peggy brought me gifts   : )   This first one is a woven basket I noticed in a photo she posted earlier this year ... or maybe she sent me the photo?  In any case, it was placed amongst some things that Peggy was taking to Goodwill.  I shamelessly asked for the basket & she said I could have it.  Happy dance!  Happy dance!  (Please excuse that plastic bin of whatnot you see there sticking out from the den.)
And be still my heart, Peggy also brought me one of her fabulous handmade pinkeeps in a pewter mug complete with a rusty safety pin holding some old buttons!!!  Happy polka! Happy polka!  This is a crummy photo of it which really doesn't do it justice, but it's the best I could do. 
Thank you again dear friend!  I love my gifts  : )

I will now leave you with a few more daylily blooms that decided to make their appearance today.  The last one is my current favorite   : )


And here are a couple hydrangea photos for good measure   : )

 I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by   : )

22 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on all the great stitching and finishing Shirlee. You do such a fabulous. Those are some lucky stitchers. Beautiful flowers as always. You have also received some lovely gifts.

Linda

Dawn said...

the lily's are gorgeous!
Love your patriotic finishes.
It's a losing fight with animals, just let Sophie believe she won.

Vickie said...

ooOoo! The first daylily is my favorite today.
You have been busy Shirlee. They look great. I just finished a secret stitch and thought of just showing the back also! HA!
What great gifts. I say that basket is cool also, good for you.
I think I have to agree with you. Sorry Sophie. ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oooh, hydrangeas are my favorite. Those look beautiful! Your finishes are super cute too :D

Jodi S said...

Love the finishes! The goodies/gifts are great as well. Nice friends you have! I really like the pin keep from Peggy - I need to try to make one of those some day.

CalamityJr said...

Lovely finishes - I think you're ready for the 4th! And what sweet gifts from Peggy Lee and Maggee. Enjoy!

Jan Gartlan said...

Your patriotic stitching looks so fabulous.

Catherine said...

Such pretty flowers ~ the last lily took my eye! Wonderful gifts from Peggy and Maggee! And your finishes are fantastic ~ laughing at seeing the backs of the ones you can't show ~ keeping us in suspense!

Deborah said...

love the patriotic finishes. The gifts from Peggy Lee are lovely. Love the flowers.

butterfly said...

Shirlee what great stitching and finishing love them all.
Great gifts from your friends and I also love your flowers again hugs.

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes, you've been really busy! They look so pretty! Gorgeous goodies xox

Peggy Lee said...

I received a RAK from Maggee too! She is a sweet soul. That's too funny about the card!

Your finishes are perfect...I don't know how you do it.

I think my Hydrangea is going to be nice this year. So far so good. Yours are beautiful!

Melanie said...

Really great finishes!!!!!!! They all came out brilliantly.
Maggee is the best, isn't she?? :)

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful stitching and finishes, Shirlee - you are so clever at it.

Myra said...

Great finishes Shirlee. I just love those patriotic pieces since I am in a patriotic mood right now. :o)

Maggee said...

Love the basket! Can't believe she was going to donate it! Aren't you glad she lives somewhat close to you?? Have loved seeing your day lilies and plants. I remember when you were planting them all around. Blessings to you!

Pam in IL said...

Lovely flowers and wonderful finishes! Seriously, I still can't find the little white fuzzball I'm supposed to ignore in the first pic, lol.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

You outdid yourself again ~ so many wonderful finishes!!!
I don't think I have that pattern ~The hanging Liberty pinkeep I'll have to check that one out.
Such wonderful friends you have showering you with many fabulous gifts ~ enjoy!!!
Love your blooms too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

The Maiden said...

Very cute finishes and just in time for the Fourth of July! I loved the second daylily, I wonder if they would grow in Las Vegas...

cucki said...

Aww...hydrangeas are my favorite.
They look beautiful! Your finishes are super cute too xxx

Carol said...

Oh, such fabulous patriotic finishes, Shirlee! I really love them all. I've been slowly working on a couple of my own lately--I just can't seem to get much stitching done lately :(

Your visit with Peggy sounds delightful--and what nice gifts she brought. Glad you two could meet in person :)

renee said...

They are all wonderful!
You just always make me laugh with your antic.
Enjoy your week.
I love the Hydrangeas!