Sunday, May 17, 2015

Asking for Prayers

Please pray for my Aunt Vera.  From the time I was a little girl, she has been my favorite aunt ... always nice, always making everyone laugh.  She has always been like a mother to me ... always in my corner ... & I have always been the daughter she never had.  I just received a call from my cousin.  At the age of 86, my dear Aunt Vera has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  The way I understand it, this is a type of cancer that feeds on estrogen.  She is receiving injections to "dry up" her estrogen, & she is also receiving chemo & radiation.  The doctors all say that the next two months are going to be rough, but her outcome looks good.

The chemo is making her very weak & very ill.  She is supposed to have a lot of liquids to help keep her strength up, but my cousin says she can barely get down a sip of tea every now & then ... & she can only manage to eat a bite or two of dry toast.

Your prayers for her will be very much appreciated.  My immediate thought was to go to Pittsburgh to visit her, but my cousin said she does not want visitors until her chemo & radiation treatments are over & she is feeling better.

Thank you.

22 comments:

marly said...

Oh no. They should find a medication to counteract the therapy effects for her. I hope things change for the better.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, your poor Aunt Vera, all of my prayers and wishes are winging across the Pacific to your aunt, you and your family. Take care, my dear.

jennifer768 said...

Shirlee I am so very sorry to read this news! Aunt Vera and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.Hugs,Jen

capecodgirl565 said...

Prayers definitely on the way! So hard when someone so dear to us has to suffer. Hope all turns out well.

Maureen said...

God bless your Aunt Vera as she battles this disease. She sounds like a very special person,Shirlee and I will keep her in my prayers. I will pray for you and your cousin too as it is all hard on loved ones and care givers too.

Frances said...

Your poor, sweet Aunt needs prayers! I'm sorry she has to suffer at such an advanced age. I hope and pray that she will feel better soon and also be healed.

Vicki said...

I'm praying, Shirlee.

Beth said...

Having had breast cancer twice, I'd tell you to go see here now when she does not feel great. It will lift her spirits. IT is SO important to eat and drink during chemo even though it is the last thing you want to do. Prayers and thoughts are with your aunt. It sucks to be 86 and get breast cancer - talk about unfair!

butterfly said...

So sorry about your aunt , she is in my prayers , sending hugs.

Annette-California said...

Prayers for your Aunt & family sweet Shirlee! It's so hard to watch our loved ones suffer. Hope she gets well soon. love Annette

Marilyn said...

You have my prayers Shirlee.
Marilyn

Julie said...

There seem to be a lot of older ladies that are sucuumbing to this awful disease. I'm hoping and praying that your much loved Aunt responds to her treatment and is soon feeling much better.
xxx

Penny said...

Prayers for your Aunt Vera. May she stay strong and feel better!!

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to read about your Aunt, Shirlee--she sounds like such a special woman and to get breast cancer at this advanced age must be such hard news to hear. Will keep her in my prayers!

Robin in Virginia said...

Lifting your aunt up in prayer along with you and your family and sending good thoughts, Shirlee!

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Your dear Aunt Vera is in my prayers.♥

Maggee said...

Oh my! That is such an urgent thing to pray for! Which I will do--right now!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry to hear about your dear Aunt. If you can't visit then you can still send some letters and cards to cheer her up. I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

stitchersanon said...

I'm so sorry. This is the type of cancer I had. It is good because targeting the oestrogen is one more weapon in your aunt's arsenal. Please, please tell her to complain about the side effects. They can treat the nausea and other aches and pains which come along with the chemo. Sending you hugs and prayers.

KimM said...

Oh, Shirlee - I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It's so difficult to see someone you love so much suffer. I truly understand.
Sending love, hugs and prayers.
xxx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Sending positive thoughts your way with hugs.

Michelle said...

So sorry Shirlee to hear about your Aunt - I am thinking of you and sending love and prayers for you xx