Saturday, May 9, 2015

Seeking Suggestions ... Where Should We Move???

The in-depth cleaning & clearing & yard work & what not has just about been accomplished. There is just a tiny bit of clutter from my eBay sales here in the dining room & a bit of daily dusting to do, but otherwise we are ready to call a realtor & list the house for sale.

 

Of course when I get everything neat & tidy & sparkling, I start to think "Hey, this isn't such a bad place after all."  Then I come to my senses. 

My irises are at the start of a blooming frenzy.  




Naturally I had to pick some to bring inside   : )   Please ignore the clutter on the kitchen counter.  I haven't tidied up there yet this morning.
My clematis is still so small but already blooming   : )
And remember the robin couple who had their nest destroyed a while back?  I noticed back on April 24th that they started making a new nest (I'm assuming it's the same robins) out back in one of our Japanese maples.  

 



On May 4th I was able to get a photo of their eggs   : )
I hope to get a photo of the babies once they are born   : )

My eBay sales are going extremely well!  I still have quite a bit to list, including a bunch of OOP PS charts which I will be listing today.  Once I get all the cross stitch things listed, I will start on the tatting things.  Then the wool rug braiding strips. Busy, busy, busy   : )

And now, as the title of my post indicates, I am asking where we should move should our house sell.  I am truly seeking serious suggestions.  Since we are both retired, we don't have to be in any particular place.  We love mountains but will be happy with a hilly area if need be.  No flat lands. Lakes are nice, but not a necessity.  Of course we love snow ... don't care much for heat & humidity. Excellent medical care is desirable, as well as no smoking in restaurants or other public places.  A rural area would be nice, within an hour or two of a city ... or a nice, quiet, suburban area. Friendly townsfolk & neighbors would be a plus.  Really don't want to be anywhere where there are a lot of bugs.  (Even if the tiniest ant bites me, I swell up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon.)

If you'd like, feel free to email me with your suggestions rather than post a comment.    

Wherever we go, we will be renting a house for at least a year to make sure we like the area.  We don't want any surprises like when we moved here.

So that's it for my post today   : )   I hope you enjoyed all the photos, & I wish all the mothers who are following me a very happy Mothers Day weekend!       

20 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so glad to hear things are now in order. Call that realtor!!
I sure hope the robins do well in this spot.
You already know I suggest Cedarburg!

KimM said...

You've really made your home sparkle! I can't imagine it would be on the market long. Best wishes for finding your ideal spot - love and hugs
xxx

LDR said...

I enjoy your blog. How do I find your Ebay listings?

Cathy B said...

I'd like to know how to find your eBay listings too!

Vicki said...

I think you should look into Prescott, AZ. It is surrounded by hills, mountains, lakes. The climate is dry, although they do get more rain than Phoenix (which is in the desert) and some snow. Prescott is located about 1 1/2 hours north of Phoenix and about an hour from Flagstaff. So you can drive south for heat or north for skiing! It's a pretty little town and there are lots of outlying communities. The lifestyle out west is very different from the midwest and east. I moved here in 1979 from Kansas. I literally felt as if I was on vacation the entire first year I lived here because of the more laid back lifestyle. It is an adjustment. If you want some good info about Prescott, visit their website www.prescott-az.gov
One of the bloggers I follow lives in Prescott Valley (just outside of Prescott). Her blog is http://shelly-anarizonastitcher.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to check it out. Wherever you choose, I know you'll have a great adventure!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love your house, why would you sell. If I lived in the states I would buy your house in a minute. I too would like to know where to find your EBay listings. Hugs Lynda Ruth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely that the robins have started a new nest and eggs too.
I'm afraid I can't currently recommend my country but how about Scotland?

Angela Tucker said...

Your irises are beautiful! I love the green space. Since California has been experiencing a drought for several years, I don't see green very often. LOL

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Dear Shirley.... Yes, it's me...have found my way back to Blogland at least for now. How I have missed things here.... But, lol... Here, I see you are still in your move/don't move dilemma.... I still think your house is beautiful. You should look into Marathon Wisconsin....Nice small community with GORGEOUS rolling hills....and close to town (well...not a "big" town...but a town....) Anywho...hope you forgive my absence and silence... It's been a ride and then some here..... Hugs & Smiles ~ Robin

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Irises (is that correct?) are gorgeous. Glad the Robins rebuilt and praying the eggs and nest go unharmed.

I say come to Virginia.

Happy Mother's Day wishes to you, Shirlee!

Robin in Virginia

Catherine said...

Southern Chester County in PA is beautiful!!

Marsha said...

How about central PA, like Lewisburg. Or Wisconsin?

Anne said...

Vancouver!! Heheh, just joking. It is a beautiful city but extremely expensive! The outlying areas are nice though and so close to the ocean, mountains and the states! Good luck with selling your house and your move! Going to check your listings now! HUGS!

Teresa S. said...

No humidity or bugs in the Pacific NW. Snow is hit or miss. Summers are mild and winters are mild temperature-wise.

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful irises, Shirlee and the house and garden are looking great - now you know I think that you should move to Melbourne, Australia - the world's most liveable city - lol!

Ele said...

What about Tuscany? :D

Karen said...

Your irises are just beautiful! I love them, but don't have any in my garden.

How about moving to Charlottesville, VA? It's in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains with medical facilities at University of Virginia.

Pam in IL said...

I guess Illinois is out -- hot and humid summers, freezing cold windchills, sub-zero temps in the winter with tons of snow, pretty flat and bugs. Hubby says it's give and take wherever one lives. You are so lucky that you get to choose any place you want to live. It will be a great adventure for sure!

Julie said...

Wishing you well with your moving plans, I'm sure your beautiful home will sell very quickly.

Erin said...

Shirlee-
I'm a little late to the party here with relocation ideas...but how about upstate/western NY, or northern PA? The region around Corning, NY is quite lovely - lots of hills, relatively rural, medical care through Guthrie Medical (centered at Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, but there is a brand new affiliated hospital in Corning) or Arnot (AOMC in Elmira, NY). Depending on how you define "city," you would be 1-2 hours from Syracuse and Rochester, but Elmira has most major box- retailers and restaurants. I personally think nice homes are pretty affordable out here...

Erin