Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Back in the Land of Fire & Brimstone

Christmas in the Devil's Playground

Thank you for the emails expressing your worry about my absence.  I have been away from the devil's playground for a few days. In view of recent events, I did not feel comfortable going public with the fact that I wasn't going to be here for a while, but John & I arrived back in the pit about 1 a.m. this morning & now it is safe to divulge that we've been away.

To answer the question that I know is on everyone's mind ... if you read Edgar's blog that is ... yes, I went to San Francisco & met Edgar & Rico; yes, getting together with them was a high point of our trip; & no, I don't have any photos to share because when trying to fit something else in my purse to bring with me to the diner where we had breakfast, I took out my camera & forgot to put it back in!  ARGH I say!  ARGH!!! Anyway, we had a great time.  Edgar & Rico are a hoot & John & Edgar kind of got lost in movie talk for about the last third of our visit with Rico & I standing by smiling & nodding politely   : )   I do have some other photos to share with you though, along with a brief recap of the trip, & I will do that as soon as I can.  

I also have several photos of other things I am behind in sharing.  I will do that as soon as I can also   : )

I am likewise behind in my email & blog comment responses.  "Behind" is probably the best word to describe me right now.  I feel as if I'm behind in everything & basically I am.  I haven't baked even one cookie yet & I still have shopping & wrapping & mailing to take care of.  I'll say it again ... ARGH!

Thank you for the emails & comments regarding my prayer request last week. Please keep me in your prayers.  As I stated in my original request, this is a very, very, very bad thing that has happened but it is not related to my health in any way or the health of anyone near & dear to me.  I am unable to share what it is except for the fact that it is very, very bad ... badder than bad actually ... & I need ongoing prayer until it hopefully goes away.  If you would just mention me & this situation in your prayers every once in a while, I'd really appreciate it.

I was quite surprised to notice this morning that there are a few more followers following me now!  Welcome!  It's good to have you here & I am so pleased that you stopped by to visit & decided to stay   : )   Warm week before Christmas hugs to all my followers today!  

18 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Shirlee! I am behind too. =) Off to buy a present or two shortly. I am praying for you.♥

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

welcome back Shirlee - i wish you all the best with your "problem" - hugs, Amanda

Michelle said...

Welcome back Shirlee - praying for you.

Love Michelle x

cucki said...

sending you lots of love and blessings dear friend x

butterfly said...

Welcome back Shirlee, I WAS STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT YOU.
You are in my prayers.

vwestermeyer said...

glad to see a new post from you!

Prayers being sent on your behald

Nicola said...

WHAT FUN TO MEET EDGAR AND RICO. KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS

jennifer768 said...

Welcome back home Shirlee!Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!Hugs,Jen

Judy said...

Just catching up, all of the prim ornaments you stitched and finished are perfect!! You should be very proud of yourself. Sorry to hear you are faced with this horrific nightmare..and I will be thinking of and praying for you. Congrats on your 500th post. I am just trying to get the nerve to begin posting on my silent blog!

Judy heartland stitcher

Danice G said...

Hi Shirlee. Praying for you with your situation. I am also so glad to see you back in blog land again. Blessings ♥

Chris said...

I hope that everything works out Shirlee!
I hope that your SF trip was fabulous.
Hugs!

Sally said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers dear friend.

Glad you had a great time meeting Edgar and Rico.

Carol said...

So nice that you were able to meet Edgar and Rico! Blogging friends just instantly connect when they meet in person, don't they?

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Shirlee--I do hope everything works out in this difficult situation...

Kaisievic said...

So glad that you had a good trip to San Francisco - it is such a great city. How lovely to meet Edgar. I hope that all is okay with you.

Now, Shirlee, I must say a very big THANK YOU for the gorgeous ornie and needle minder - the former is gracing my new Xmas tree and the latter looks just like Furio. I am just posting on my blog now. You have spoilt me - such a lovely surprise.

hugs, Kaye

Peggy Lee said...

Shirlee, I am just getting caught up in my blog reading and I am so sorry to read about your recent problem. I will remember you in my prayers and I hope to hear good news soon!
Thank you so much for the adorable pin pillow!! It was a wonderful surprise to find it in my mountain of mail when we returned home.
You are a doll! ♥♥♥

Take care my friend....

Catherine said...

How fun that you were able to meet up with Edgar and Rico!! I have said that if I ever go to Edgar's town, I would love for them to be my tour guides!!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Keeping you in my Prayers!

Anne said...

How exciting to meet Edgar and Rico! It's so neat to meet fellow bloggers! Glad you two had a lovely time even with all the movie talk :D Lots of hugs being sent your way Shirlee!