Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Sharing

I am sorry if my sharing excerpts of Chuck Swindoll's devotional prayers is getting to be a bit overdone, but I've got to tell you, the prayers in this devotional (The Prayers of Charles R. Swindoll, Volume I) are like spiritual bolts of lightning hitting you out of a clear blue sky.  There is also a Volume II which I am looking forward to spending time with as well   : )

Below is an excerpt of today's devotional prayer with the accompanying verse.  I hope it is a blessing to you as much as it is to me.

_____________________

"Even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed.  And do not fear their intimidation, & do not be troubled, but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness & reverence; & keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame."
1 Peter 3:14-16

"Our Father, as we acknowledge Your Son as Lord over all, it is with a sigh, because we cannot deny the pain or ignore the difficulty of earthly trials.  

...Quiet our spirits.  Give us a sense of relief as we face the inevitable facts that life is difficult & that there will be those moments when life will not be at all fair.  Erase any hint of bitterness.  Enable us to see beyond the present, to focus on the invisible, & to recognize that You will always be with us.  

...Thank you for the joy of this day.  Thank you for the pleasure of a relationship with You & with a few good, caring, loving friends.  And especially, Father, thank you for the truth of Your word...."

6 comments:

capecodgirl565 said...

Thanks Shirlee for your devotionals. I am going through a really painful hand issue right now,of course it is my right hand, so I am virtually helpless to do anything. I can't really drive, can't stitch, for crying out loud, I can't do my hair or floss my stinking teeth it is that painful. Your devotionals help me to feel a little better and strengthen my faith that things will improve. Keep them coming!

Trace4J said...

Morning Shirlee Friend
How perfect.
Gods timing is wonderful.
Woolie Hugs

Colleen said...

I'm not tired of reading Chuck Swindoll. I love him. I actually listen to him on my local radio station on Moody radio. We need to hear more of him and other preachers. Thanks for sharing :) Blessings to you.

Sherry said...

Thank you for sharing these! I especially need to read some comforting and reassuring words at this time.

Kaisievic said...

Blessings on you, Shirlee - you know how much these posts mean to me during the difficult family time I am having with my parents.
love Kaye

Simply Victoria said...

Words aptly spoken!