Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another Stitching Finish

Last night I finally finished stitching the ornament I started last Thursday.  I would have finished it sooner if I had made better use of my free time, but there always seemed to be something else I needed to do instead. In any event, it is finished & here it is   : )

Designer:  Milady's Needle
Design:  Regal Red Christmas
(JCS Ornaments 2010 issue)
Floss:  Gloriana Threads Luminiscense
Black Cherry
Fabric:  40 ct Buttercream linen

I used the fabric & floss the designer suggested & I must say I am impressed with the silk Gloriana thread.  The color blending is so much nicer than the other silk thread I used on a project recently (CC Belle Soie).  

I am now moving on to my next project which is going to be from this year's JCS Ornaments issue ... Majestic Bird by my nemesis, Homespun Elegance.  I think I can get through it without reaching for a box of matches.  We shall see   : )

As many of you know, Sophie loves boxes. She has her favorite, a small U-Haul moving box still packed with heaven only knows what, on which she enjoys hanging out most of the time.  However, if we leave any box or box lid unguarded for even a minute, there she will be, climbing on top of or inside of it & making it her own, at least for a little while. The other day I received a small package of books in the mail.  The box measured maybe 12 x 12 & the company where I made my purchase used a lot of packing paper to keep the books safe & secure during shipping. After removing the books & replacing the paper inside the box to save for another time, I didn't think anything of it & placed the box on a step for John to take with him on his next trip to the second floor.  Again, it was a small box stuffed with paper.  I was sure that Sophie might give it a sniff or a head rub but that would be the extent of it. Well, I sat down at my computer & not even 2 minutes went by before I suddenly heard papers rustling.  Here's what I found.  Silly cat   : )
I did a de-stash (twice) over the past couple months & found quite a few charts & kits I purchased in the early days of my stitching life #3 that I know I will never stitch.  I have made page links for a list of these charts/kits & also for my Wish List which you can see (barely) at the top of my blog underneath the header photo.  The page links for some bloggers show up very well as little file folder tabs that visitors can click.  How do you people do that?  Please let me know   : )   Anyway, the charts/kits I've listed are for sale or trade, so if you are looking for anything in particular, maybe we can make a deal   : )

Yesterday I had my brain MRI & echocardiogram.  I hope my doctor calls soon with the results.  If I don't hear from her by Friday, I will give her a call.  I still have a little residual weakness/tingling in my left arm & both upper extremities are mildly shaky at times.  Hopefully this will all go away soon.

I was reading someone's blog post this morning who told the story of being in a grocery store & a bag boy helping her take her groceries out to her car.  As he turned to walk back to the store, she thanked him & wished him a good day.  His response was "Be blessed!"  Isn't that wonderful?  Just two words, but so very meaningful ... & such a joy for another person to hear!  I am going to try to remember to respond that same way when I part company with someone   : )

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul & healing to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24

 Be blessed   : )

24 comments:

cucki said...

Aww very sweet finish...
Sophie is so cute..give her my love and maloo is saying hi to Sophie too :)
Enjoy your next project.
Hugs xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great finish! And your kitty is so cute - give her a little hug for me!

Beth said...

A cute little ornament. Aren't silks great? Be blessed indeed.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finish! I love the red thread you've used, it's really deep & pretty. I had a quick look at your for sale / trade list :D This is so extensive!!! So much choice :D I'll have an other look when I have more time. Take care xx

Pam in IL said...

Your new finish is lovely! I agree with you, "be blessed" is a wonderful thing to say to others.

I can't help you with the tabs for different pages on your blog. I just used the layout that was available.

Hope you hear from the dr soon regarding the MRI. I hate that they make us wait for results.

Vickie said...

Hey I just noticed for the first time in your header picture that it could be Mabel and Henry in a game of tug-o-war!!;)
Sweet little ornament.
Sophie is so cute there.

Linda said...

Great finish Shirlee. Love the kitty in the box.

Linda

Simply Victoria said...

Nice new finish!
Sophie is a sweetie!
Fret not while you wait for the results.
Be Blessed! : )

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful ornament. Don't you enjoy stitching with silk thread? It has a richer look to it and I love the variegated color you used. I am going to remember "Be Blessed" - love that.
love Annette

Maggee said...

Hi there! Great finish there! I have gotten nowhere--feeling really bad. Going to work, coming home, crashing. Sophie just loves those boxes! Too cute! Be Blessed!

Judy said...

The ornament is lovely. I will look forward to the HE ornament--hope it goes well. I am sure that match box won't be far away--just in case..lol! Sounds like you are beginning to feel better..hope the results of your recent tests will be good ones. Be blesssed is perfect!

Judy heartland stitcher

Marilyn said...

Nice ornament.
I hope you have good results from your report.
Good luck with the HE design!
Marilyn

Krista said...

A lovely new finish, Shirlee! Cats can't seem to help themselves, always so curious! :)

Hope you are feeling better!! xx

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
I loved the post your sent me.
So beautiful.
Praying for you too.
Beautiful stitches and oh Sophie is so sweet.
Be Blessed :)
Woolie Hugs too

Mary said...

Very pretty new finish, Shirlee. I love the reds!
Oh your Sophie is a busy one.
Sending good thoughts for a positive outcome to your tests. It's grueling to wait.
Be Blessed :)

Carol said...

Such a pretty finish, Shirlee--I've never stitched with silk so it's good to have a recommendation... And I'm sure the Majestic Bird will be a big breakthrough for you in your relationship with HE designs--good luck!!

Silly Sophie--how do cats manage to get into a box with the paper still on top of them like that?

Hoping for good test results for you... Don't push yourself and try to take it easy for a while yet.

And Shirlee... ♥ Be Blessed ♥

Julie said...

I do love a redwork design, yours is superb.

Good luck with the selling of your unwanted stash and I hope your results are back with you ASAP, its the waiting that's the worst part isn't it? xx

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finish and so sorry I couldn't be more help with the tabs.
Blessed Be, Kaye

Sally said...

I love your red finish Shirlee. So pretty.

I hope you get your results soon. Thinking of you as always xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The way tabs appear is all to do with the design template you choose for your blog.
If you go into the Pages part of your blog on the Dashboard then you will see some option to show tabs.
If you want them to look different you may have to change the style of the blog.
Love the red ornie too, lovely colour.

Myra said...

Lovely, just lovely Shirlee. That toile Christmas fabric I found at Hobby Lobby recently will make a great backing for this one. :o)

Anonymous said...

what a lovely littke house, great colours too.
your cat is so funny :)
fingers crossed for the exams,
chiara

Anne said...

Love the red house you stitched Shirlee. I have thought of stitching this one awhile ago...now I see yours.. :D Aw little Sophie is so cute in that box! Give her a little snuggle from me and Titus!!

Kate said...

Congratulations on a cute finish.