Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Finish of My Own, Another Exchange Received, Another Gift, & Good News

A very, very good morning to all of you!  It is a very, very, very good morning here because it is snowing   : )   Our street & our driveway are covered with the white stuff! Not so much the grass, but hopefully that will occur as well.  It is delightfully cold! Sophie is soaking up the heat from one of the heating vents, & I am resplendent in a comfy long sleeved shirt & furry slippers.  Life is good  : )

As you all must certainly know by now, I can't finish my way out of a paper bag. Without Myra having taken pity on me last year, all my ornaments would be unfinished in a box somewhere.  I may have even given up stitching them!  I will, however, give finishing a go if it's a primitive design.  Since primitive things aren't supposed to be perfect, I can kind of get away with finishing them.  Anyway, last year I stitched a few primitive things but never finished them.  I remembered a week or so ago that I had them & so I finished some for gifts.  This one, however, I finished for me.  It's a design by Niky's Creations from the 2011 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments ... Deer in a Forest.   I really like stockings, & I really like deer, so this was a perfect design for me  : )

Yesterday Marie informed me that she received the exchange package I sent to her so now I can share its contents with you.  A package of peppermint bark malted milk balls, some skeins of DMC, & another ornament choice from the 2011 JCS Christmas Ornaments issue ... Good Tidings to You by The Sampler Girl.  I love this ornament!  I've stitched it twice as a gift & next year I plan to stitch one for myself the same way I stitched this one for Marie ... using 1 strand over 2 on 40 count.  These are Marie's photos which I am borrowing from her blog post .  The finishing was done by Myra, of course   : )
 

I've also received another gift!  This one is from my dear friend Carol.  I saw this design on the Popular Posts section of her sidebar, clicked on the link to take a closer look at it, & then mentioned to her how very much I liked it.  Little did I know that this would prompt her to stitch one for me!  I love it! Thank you again my friend!

Good news!!!  A little over a week ago, I posted here about the poorly crafted Fontanini nativity set I bought from Fontanini Store.com.  You can view the details if you click the link.  I sent them an email before returning the nativity set telling them how disappointed I was, but I never received a reply.  After returning the nativity set, I checked the UPS website & they showed it being delivered, but I had not received my refund.  I checked my PayPal account for several days but still no refund was posted. I finally decided to file a dispute.  Yesterday I received an email from PayPal telling me that my dispute was closed because the store had issued me a full refund!!!  No 20% restocking fee!!!  Good news indeed   : )

A full refund, a thoughtful gift, a happy exchange recipient, & a finish done by me that doesn't look like something the cat would drag in.  I am truly blessed   : )

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your finished stocking looks great to me.... I'm in the same boat, I can stitch, but not great at finishing!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm so glad you got some snow too! It's really pretty up here today with some fresh power this morning. Love your stocking finish too by the way! I like the blanket stitch effect. Very nice!

Krista said...

Glad you are seeing some snow too! I know how much you love it! :)
Lots of pretty ornaments and goodies. Love the Glad tidings bunny.

pam said...

The day of snow sounds delightful. Glad you are getting some fun exchanges

Vickie said...

Great news all around Shirlee! That stocking looks spectacular. You need to try and finish a few more yourself. You do very well!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous day all around for you, Shirlee! Glad you received a full refund on the returned Nativity! Your stocking looks great; I stitched it last year, but had it turned into a stuffed ornament. Lovely ornament to give and also the one Carol sent your way.

Enjoy your snow!

Robin in Virginia

Simply Victoria said...

Your stocking turned out great! I think your finishing is just fine. Your tree is getting filled with many great stitching ornaments.
Hooray for a full refund!

Maggee said...

I LOVE your stocking finish! In fact, I ran to my drawer and pulled out my magazine and am going to make one too!! YOUR colors are more vibrant - I like them!! Love the presents you have been getting... What is the name of the blue one you got today? I like that one too!! Glad to hear that you got a full refund! Maybe that will inspire you to get a different one for this year--it could happen! Hugs!

Marilyn said...

Love your stocking finish.
You did a great job on it.
See, you can do it! :)
That's a great pkg you sent, and received too.
Congrats on getting a full refund on your Nativity set.
Marilyn

Judy said...

Smiles for you and your snow--hope you got more that a dusting! Your stocking is perfect. And the Sampler Girl ornament is an adorable exchange piece. Glad you got a full refund for the nativity. Enjoy the week--hope you get more snow!

Judy Heartland stitcher

Pam in IL said...

Truly blessed indeed! Good news about the full refund and I think your stocking finish is great!

Myra said...

Great news on the refund Shirlee! You don't give your finishing enough credit - I just adore the little pillow you made me last year and I think it is perfect in every way. Lovely gifts you have been receiving too.

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies all around! So glad that they issued you a full refund!

Jennifer M. said...

Love the stocking! You did great. Sounds like you had a fantastic day. :-)

Anne said...

Whooohoo!! Some major dancing here for you Shirlee dear!! So glad you got your FULL refund! Great little stocking finish you made. I think you are great with finishing! Sweet gift from Carol too. I love that blue Christmas scene. Hugs

Julie said...

I'm so pleased you got a full refund Shirlee, that's fabulous news.
Such a wonderful array of ornaments, the stocking is so cute with the felted bits, will have to store that little idea in my brain cells for future use.

Sarah in Stitches said...

I don't know what you're talking about, that stocking you finished is absolutely gorgeous! You did a great job on it. Congrats on the gifts and the refund :D

Farmhouse prims said...

Your Stocking is lovely, such a wonderful job. You are so talented. Love all your beautiful ornaments. hugs, Lecia

Chris said...

Hey Shirley! So glad that you got a full refund!! Woohoo!
What lovely packages are arriving in your mailbox.
Hugs!

Trace4J said...

Beautiful stitches by all.
I love the stocking too
And wow what a very good day.
Snow too!!
Wooohooo
Woolie Christmas Blessings

Mii Stitch said...

Your stocking looks really cute in the tree!!! Well done :) Glad you also received the refund for the "broken" Nativity set!

Roberta said...

Your finished stocking turned out great! I totally understand the finishing issue! I have two stockings sitting on my sewing machine right now waiting to be stitched and lined. ~Roberta

Angela said...

The stocking ornament is lovely :) Lovely exchange sent and lovely gift rec'd :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The Stocking is adorable! I love the ornament that you stitched for Marie! Cute as a button! And sweet Carol, always sharing her talents with one and all! Gorgeous ornament for you to receive from her talented hands! :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful I too love the Good Tidings to You xx

Carol said...

I don't know what you're talking about, Shirlee--that stocking looks perfectly finished!! I don't think you give yourself enough credit!

Such great gifts have traveled to Kentucky for you--so glad you're enjoying the little blue and white skating scene. I loved stitching it for you!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your stocking looks lovely to me.

And I'm very pleased you got your full refund. Enjoy spending it on something quality-made.

Sally said...

Love your stocking! So beautifully finished.

Wonderful exchange and beautiful gifts too.

So glad you got snow. We're not getting any this side of Christmas apparently :(

Happy you got your full refund!

butterfly said...

Another wonderful post Shirlee, love all your stitching and your gifts are fab.
So happy you got your refund, enjoy your day in the white stuff , hugs.

CalamityJr said...

Great job on a lovely stocking. Hope that finish gives you more confidence in your finishing abilities - looks wonderful from here!

Melody said...

What a beautiful ornament from Carol! You lucky girl. I think her finishing work is amazing. I also really like the stocking, so cute! Also, that was great news on the refund for the nativity set.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Shirlee !

Thank You for becoming a follower and thank You for your kind comment.
I have actually visited your many times but I have been a little bit too shy to comment anything. I have thinked that You are so much more talented and experienced that i do even dare to comment. I really like all your stitchings and I think that your finishing skills are excellent.

I have two Norwegian Forest cats and a seven months old Chow Chow Puppy- I am so happy know that you are Woman of Faith and my Sister in Christ.
With my best greetings,Maija from Fianland

ps. Excuse my funny english and the bad grammar...

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stitching and finishing and such good news about the refund! How do you stitch over 1 on 40 count - you are indeed talented!