Monday, December 23, 2013

Finishes & a Few More Gifts

Like all of you, I have been busy with Christmas preparations ... baking, cleaning, shopping, & wrapping.  Tomorrow I will be making a ham, turkey breast, & potato salad. John & I will then enjoy the magic of Christmas Eve night & the peace & love of Christmas Day.

Although this past weekend was IHSW, I will post about that later today or tomorrow. For now I would like to share a few more gifts I have sent/received & also some recent ornament finishes that have joined the other ornaments on our tree.  I'll start with these ornaments.  I stitched all 5 of them from designs which have appeared in JCS Christmas Ornament magazines.  Needless to say, they have all been finished by Myra.  I am borrowing her photos.
Designer:  LHN
Design:  Winter Sampler (2009 issue)
Fabric:  As suggested
Floss:  DMC equivalents
Designer:  Milady's Needle
Design:  Regal Red Christmas (2010 issue)
Fabric:  As suggested
Floss:  As suggested
Designer:  Blue Ribbon Designs
Design:  Redbirds Rejoice (2013 issue)
Fabric:  As suggested
Floss:  As suggested
Designer:  Handwork
Design:  Rejoice (2001 issue)
Fabric:  As suggested
Floss:  As suggested
Designer:  My Big Toe Designs
Design:  His Gift (2012 issue)
Fabric:  As suggested
Floss:  As suggested

A few of the gifts I stitched have been received    : )
Designer:  PS
Design:  Cardinal (Book 14)
Fabric:  32 ct Amber/Toasted Almond linen
Floss:  As suggested
Stitched for Vicki
Finished by Myra
Designer:  Foxwood Crossings
Design:  Small & Medium Cardinals
Fabric:  Perforated paper
Floss:  DMC
Stitched for Pam
Finished by me

This Foxwood Crossings design is my first attempt at stitching on perforated paper & I really enjoyed it!  I foresee more perforated paper stitching in my future   : )

John came home from the post office the other day & handed me a package.  The return address indicated it was from Marly. When I opened it, I was thrilled to find one of her handmade sampler boxes!  I have admired these on her blog for a long time & am so happy to now have one!  I opened it to see what the inside was like & found a lovely old fashioned gift tag.  The box was filled with tissue paper which I assumed Marly had put there to help protect the box during shipping.  However, when I started to remove the paper, I found more gifts!  A package of dark green rick rack, beautiful YLI red silk floss, a skein of Caron cotton floss in a gorgeous colorway (Desert Sage), a package of star buttons, & an absolutely wonderful perfect-for-me wooden tag ... another one of her handmade creations! Thank you again my dear friend!



"When we were children we were grateful for who filled our stockings at Christmas time.  Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?"
Gilbert K. Chesterton

27 comments:

Vickie said...

What a great quote by Chesterton.
I really like the My Big Toe ornament a lot. Great job by you and Myra on them all. =)
What wonderful gifts from Marly.

Carol said...

Gosh, Shirlee--I don't think you've set your needle down all month!! So many beautiful gifts you and Myra have created!! The little Foxwood cardinals are so cute--haven't seen those designs before...

And what a perfect gift from Marly--she certainly spoiled you (and deservedly so!!).

Wishing you every blessing this Christmas, my friend!

Kay said...

Beautiful stitching and gifts. Happy Christmas.

gracie said...

Wonderful gift....

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely ornaments you have stitched! Isn't perforated paper fun to stitch on? What a super gift to receive from Marly!

Robin in Virginia

Maggee said...

Loved it all, but the last quote is TERRIFIC! Going to borrow that!! I love my boxes from Marly too! I actually must have missed the tags... yours is nice! One more throw to make... Hugs!

Michelle said...

Beautiful stitched pieces thanks for sharing them Shirlee xx

marly said...

My goodness - you've been stitching up a storm! Love these small projects, all done beautifully. Merry Christmas!

butterfly said...

Shirlee, you have been a busy stitcher this year every thing is so beautiful you have done a great job on them all, Also love the gift from marly .
Merry Christmas.

Karen said...

Love all of your finishes! Merry Christmas and happy stitching....

Annette-California said...

Love all the beautiful ornaments you stitched Shirlee. Lovely gifts from Marly - wow. I especially liked reading what you thought of stitching on perforated paper. I will have to order some and give it a try. Merry Christmas, love Annette

Chris said...

What beautiful ornaments you have stitched this year Shirlee!! I know that they will be treasured as I treasure the ones you have given me.
What a wonderful gift from Marly!
It sounds like you are all ready to enjoy the holiday.
Hugs!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful ornaments and gifts, Shirlee! I love your work. I'm sure everyone loved receiving them, too! :D

The Bear's Blog said...

Merry Christmas Miss Shirlee.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

The Bear's Blog said...

Merry Christmas Miss Shirlee.

Hugs,
Prudence ♥

Simply Victoria said...

You have made some really pretty ornaments. You have been so busy with all these and sweetly generous. I remember stitching on perforated paper like 25 years ago. I wonder if the paper is the same. Love the gifts from Marly.

Sally said...

All your ornaments are gorgeous Shirlee. You and Myra make a great team.

What a beautiful gift you received from Marly.

Lovely gifts you sent too.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

jennifer768 said...

Hello Shirlee,wow you have been a busy girl! Do you stitch in your sleep? I think that you must. Love all of the ornaments,they are all stitched and finished beautifully. Sweet gift from Marly.Have a very Merry Christmas sweet friend.Hugs,Jen

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful stitching (and finishing too). Lovely gift received from Marly.

Congrats on making BRD's facebook post!!

Marilyn said...

All of your ornaments are so pretty.
What great goodies your received from Marly.
Merry Christmas Shirlee!
Marilyn

Sherry said...

love the ornaments! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Anne said...

Wow! So many wonderful ornaments to ooh and aaah over. You and Myra make quite the formidable finishing and stitching team!! Love them all!!! Fabulous gift from Marly! How cool are her boxes and tags?!! So amazing!! Sending you and John big hugs and a very Merry Christmas!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Your needle has certainly been busy! Lovely ornaments. Hugs!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous stitching as always, Shirlee - I truly cannot pick my favourite!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous ornies, there are some beautiful trees out in blogland being graced by these!

Marly's present is a lovely one too, so many nice treats inside.

Catherine said...

Fabulous goodies!

Beth said...

How pretty Shirlee!