Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas Morning

This is what I woke up to on Christmas morning.  For those of you who don't know this about my husband, he loves Christmas & he loves spoiling me at Christmas.  I have actually been hesitant to post any Christmas photos, but people have been asking, & this is the man I married, so here goes.

As you can see, he just doesn't place my gifts underneath the tree.  He embellishes the packages with various decorations, each one a gift in itself, & even strings lights on them! What can I say ... he's one of a kind   : )   The 3 large hanging items you can see, albeit not too clearly, near the gifts/tree in the 5th photo were also part of his embellishments ... the hanging banner (which has 4 pockets sewn into it, each of which held a small gift), the Santa signpost on the wall going up the stairs, & the All Is Calm snowman banner.

















 


Here is a photo with my gifts for John added to the mix.  
This is a closeup of our stockings.  I pieced & quilted these stockings back in the early to mid 90s.  They are both the same size, but mine looks smaller because of the way John stuffed it.
Here is my sweetie holding his stocking.  (Yes, we really do have a DVD of a fireplace burning.  Pathetic, I know.)
Here I am with my stocking.  (I think I look like a dork, but since I'm posting all these photos, I may as well include this one.)
Of course Sophie always gets to open her gift first.  She seems to be quite pleased with her little catnip mousies   : )


I took several photos of our tree on Christmas morning so you could see the stitched ornaments but they turned out rather blurry for some reason.  I did take another set of but the photos I've shared here are probably enough for now.  I'll do another post with the tree photos   : )

33 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow! I love the presentation of your gifts and tree. Thank you for sharing, Shirlee!

Robin in Virginia

Maggee said...

You should LEAVE Christmas up all year, if it makes you happy! What do you care? If you have friends over, they wouldn't (shouldn't) mind, since they are your friends and they would KNOW how much you love Christmas! John is a keeper! My sister wants to know if he has any brothers??!! Hugs!

marly said...

My goodness Shirlee - you are so thin! I haven't received that many gifts in the last 25 years! So nice to see an enthusiastic spouse. The tree looks wonderful.

Ani said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas, it looks wonderful!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Wow, dose your husband love you. You are so blessed. I think every man should show his wife love like that. Happy New Year to you and your husband. All the best in 2014 hugs Lynda Ruth

Melody said...

Wow, impressive display! Your hubby is really into Christmas!! I don't think I've seen presents decorated and displayed like that before. Very cool.

Happy New Year!

Sally said...

Wow, wow, wow! John is a treasure! What a wonderful husband you have to do such an amazing thing. Love each and every photo you've posted and it's so good to see you both.

Vickie said...

Holy Toledo!! I have never seen such a sight in my life. No, really. May God continue to bless you both in this new year my friend.
P.S. You do NOT look like a dork!

Myra said...

That looks magical Shirlee. Aren't you glad you kept him? :o)

Krista said...

What a beautiful tree! It is wonderful to be so excited about Christmas. That hubby of yours is a keeper for sure!

Dawn said...

Wow, can I borrow him this year? What a lucky lady you are my friend! Thank you for sharing, it's wonderful to know you are spoiled.

Laura said...

Wow! How wonderful!!!! It is so much fun to see your pictures and share in your fun Christmas morning!!!! What a wonderful husband!

butterfly said...

Oh my Shirlee, what a winter wonderland house , I think I know where I am coming for Christmas next year Ha I want to join in the fun.
You must love each other so much , it is so lovely to see, You have a very good man there , look after him sweetie hugs and a Happy New Year.

Justine said...

What lovely photos Shirlee. You both look so happy and not at all dork-like!

Simply Victoria said...

Wow! What a fabulous display of gifts and love! If it were me, I'd just want to stare at it for a long while and not open a thing. Your man is really thoughtful. He must have a lot of fun shopping and planning. You look great, dear, no dorkiness at all!

Shebafudge said...

Wow! The way John presents your presents is a gift in itself. What a wonderful man!!

jennifer768 said...

Yippie! I am so glad that we get to see Christmas morning pictures!I knew it would be special but it even blew me away.John sure puts a lot of thought into his gifts.It is lovely to see the love between the two of you.Miss Shirlee, you by no means look like a dork!It was wonderful to see you being spoiled,after all you did a lot of spoiling of everyone else.Happy New Year! Blessings,Jen

Stitchy Mc Floss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

WOW!!! That's about all I can say! What a lot of loot your dh got for you, and the presentation is amazing! What a happy Christmas morning! TFS... Happy New Year to you both!
Penny

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shirlee. You are one lucky lady.

Happy New Year,
Linda

Michele Inman said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun. And you look darling. :-)

Anne said...

Oops, my last comment was meant for this post...got mixed up!! What a wonderful man he is to spoil you!! Mine should take a lesson..hehee!! I like how he decorates the presents with your ornaments!! You two are adorable!! Hugs!

Catherine said...

How beautiful and fun!

Pam in IL said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I've really enjoyed seeing all your great pics and gifts. I wonder what was in all those beautiful presents...

Beth said...

What an amazing celebration! Glad the kitty cat got to enjoy too!

Mii Stitch said...

This is Christmas Magic at its best!!! :)

Trace4J said...

Wow!
Now that's alot of love.
You should call him Mr. Christmas..hehehe
You are blessed.
Woolie Blessings

Trace4J said...

P.s You look wonderful.
You go girl!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh what fun!!!
Sometimes I wish my husband would get into Christmas a little bit more.
How long did it take you to open them all???
Blessings
Robin
P.S. ~ You don't look like a dork.

Julie said...

A truyt wonderful post, the love you hold together truly shines in those pictures. Blessings to you both as you enter this new year.

Carol said...

Can I send my husband down for lessons on gift-giving from John?! Ha ha!! Seriously, Shirlee--what an amazing display and presentation--what was in each one?

We always used to give our cat Christmas catnip, too :)

Chris said...

So glad that there is so much magic in your holidays! What a great job John does.
I love your stockings.

Merry Christmas!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow!! Did your hubby used to be a window dresser for a shop? He really has a great eye for a display. You are a lucky couple to have each other!