Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Two Old Friends

Two of my old friends, DayQuil & NyQuil, have come to visit me this week.  They actually arrived last week to visit my husband, then decided to stay on & spend some time with me.  That was nice of them beings that I'm sick & all   : (   John actually came down with a terrible cold last week.  I avoided him as much as possible but his pesky little germs found me anyway.  I keep opening my eyes each morning thinking I'll surely feel better today, but then I get up & the room spins & my nose runs & I hack up a lung.  I'm drinking lots of fluids & trying to stitch but can't count how many times I've had to frog my current project which is something I haven't shared with you yet.  I did finish stitching my Dames of the Needle ornament with the exception of the back stitching.  Even I know better than to try to tackle back stitching when I'm feeling like this. It's almost like this cold is attacking my brain cells.  I actually wrote an email to Marly yesterday asking her if she used the colors suggested by the designer for the Heartstring Samplery Christmas Band Sampler she posted or did she use some other colors.  She was rather confused ... was I talking about the freebie she posted?  I didn't think the band sampler was a freebie design.  It was then that I realized it wasn't even her blog where I saw the sampler posted!!!  Yep, the brain cells are at dangerously low levels indeed! 

Time for me to crawl back to my recliner & sip some tea.  Hopefully I will be a picture of health when I visit with you again.    

29 comments:

Melody said...

Hope you feel better soon. Those bottles have been at our house as well. Mike has been sick with the same stuff. Nasty. So far, knock on wood, I've avoided it.

Vickie said...

Oh Shirlee, I had hoped you could avoid it. Rats! I am praying for you and John. Take care my friend. Snuggle with Sophie. =)

Robin in Virginia said...

Sending warm and gentle get to feeling better hugs your way, Shirlee! Stay warm and keep up with your fluids!

Robin in Virginia

Stitchy Mc Floss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Hope you both feel better soon!

gloriahanaway said...

Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! I think you are talking about Edgar's posts on the Christmas Band Sampler by Heartstring Samplery (the computer is telling me I misspelled that but I don't think so?). On his post on Dec. 18, 2013 he said something about liking the colors used so maybe he didn't change any colors! A more recent post he said something about changing the chart at the end of the "W" and "Z" rows. He is very kind and has answered every question I have ever posted in his comment section. Can't wait to see your new ornament finish and hope you feel better soon!

jennifer768 said...

Oh no Shirlee! Yikes it is awful being sick.I sure hope that you and John feel better soon.Stay warm and take care of yourself! Big hugs,Jen

gracie said...

Hoping that I will not have those friends visiting me......sorry they are at your house as I usually have them at mine this time of year. Take care and sending good thoughts your way.

Julie said...

Lots of get well soon wishes coming your way. {hugs}

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Oh Shirlee I hate that you have caught this horrible bug. We've battling it since Christmas so I feel your pain. I haven't picked up a needle lately because as you said this bug causes brain cells to turn to mush. The good news is that you are on he road to recovery y now.
Donna

geeky Heather said...

Poor thing! I know how you feel...Poor Michael had a fever of 103 this morning...bronchitis. I hope you feel better soon!

Vicki said...

Take care and feel better soon!

Linda said...

Take care Shirlee. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda

Sarah in Stitches said...

LOL... That was a funny story. Hope you feel better soon, Shirlee! Stay warm!

Carol said...

Oh, Shirlee, so sorry to hear that the Dayquil/Nyquil couple have extended their stay :( Feel better soon!!

Emma/Itzy said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Marilyn said...

I hope you feel better soon Shirlee.
Marilyn

Maggee said...

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick! At least it hasn't morphed into anything worse than a cold! We have some excitement (not good) out here, and in case I forgot, another helicopter just flew over my house rather close!! It's dark, so I imagine the search will end for now... Not getting much stitching done myself-life gets in the way. Get better soon! Hugs!

CalamityJr said...

Your visitors' identical cousins have taken up residence on my kitchen counter, too! Now when I'm moaning I'll hope we both feel better soon. Take care, my friend.

marly said...

Geez. You're not having fun at all. I hope it leaves you soon!

Pam in IL said...

Aww, that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better real soon.

HUGS

Chris said...

I hope you feel better soon. I had some Nyquil myself last night :)

Trace4J said...

Praying you feel better soon.
Warm Woolie Get Well Hugs

Simply Victoria said...

Aw, so sorry to hear you are sick : ( I'll be praying you are feeling much better quickly.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh dear friend, I'm sorry the nasty bug got a hold of you. Take good care and enjoy the tea. You know it makes everything better! Hugs!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Get well!

Myra said...

Oh Shirlee I hope you are feeling better. I had a visit to the doctor this week - ear infection, UGH!

Kaisievic said...

Oh dear, I hope that you feel much better very soon. Sending some chicken noodle soup your way.

Catherine said...

I do hope you are feeling better!