Saturday, August 2, 2014

July Finishes

Yesterday I shared my overdue June finishes. Today I am sharing my July finishes ... all ornaments.  Nine ornaments!  I think this is a record for me for ornaments stitched in one month!

This first one is my pride & joy of the month, stitched over one.  The design called for the bird to be back stitched, but nothing else was back stitched.  I decided that if nothing else was back stitched, the bird wasn't going to be either   : )

Designer:  Little by Little Design Co.
Design:  All Is Calm
from 2000 JCSCO
Fabric:  35 ct Sheep Straw linen
Floss:  DMC per designer

I have wanted to stitch this next one for a long time.  I have a soft spot for deer   : )
Designer:  The Prairie Schooler
Design:  Two by Two Deer
from 1998 JCSCO
Fabric:  Natural linen, mystery count
Floss:  DMC per designer

I also have a soft spot for partridges in a pear tree   : )   The designer had included a bit of an alphabet stitched in red on the little hill where the partridge is standing, but I decided not to stitch that.
Designer:  The Prairie Schooler
Design:  Taken from PS Book 134
Christmas Day
Fabric:  32 ct Lambswool linen
Floss:  DMC per designer

One day while Googling round ornament finishes, I was led to my good friend Carol's blog where I found this beautifully finished snowflake ornament.  Hopefully Carol doesn't mind me borrowing the photo to show you   : )
Doesn't she take beautiful photos?  I wonder if I can start sending all my ornaments to her to photograph for me with her professional touch?  Beautiful stitching, beautiful finishing, beautiful photography ... is there anything this woman can't do???  I fell in love not only with the finish but with the design, winter & all things related junkie that I am   : )   Carol indicated that this was a freebie design so I clicked on the link she provided & downloaded it.  After stitching it in red, I thought it would look lovely in blue as well, so I stitched both   : )
 
Designer:  Jacqueine
Design:  Estonian Snowflakes
Fabric:  40 ct Newcastle white linen
Floss:  Gloriana silk - Black Cherry
& Holiday Blue

I stitched the following design in one colorway back in April.  I used 36 ct linen at that time.  I liked it, but I wondered what the other colorways would look like.  (Four colorways were suggested.)  I decided to stitch the same colorway again using 40 ct linen & to stitch the other 3 colorways as well   : )   The designer is Little House Needleworks.  The design, This Is My Joy.
Fabric:  40 ct Parchment linen
Floss:  CC Red Fox

Fabric:  40 ct Cocoa linen
Floss:  CC Collard Greens

Fabric:  35 ct Scuppernong linen
Floss:  CC Icing

Fabric:  40 ct Tin Roof linen
Floss:  CC Cinnamon Stick

I'm all out of ornaments to stitch for now. Don't worry ... I have plenty of charts.  I just don't have them kitted.  I had better get started on that or I won't have anything to stitch tonight!  

26 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Shirlee , I must start my ones soon I am late this year so I can only stitch small,ones .
Have a happy day hugs.

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous ornaments you have stitched up, Shirlee! I enjoyed seeing each of the This is my joy stitched up. Go Shirlee!

Robin in Virginia

PS Love that snowflake pattern and thanks for sharing the link.

gracie said...

They are all so nice.

Sally said...

Wow, Shirlee, what a wonderful array of ornaments. I love This is My Joy. So cute!

I wish I could set up beautiful photos of my stitching like Carol does. I've seen others too. I would just never have the props!

Marilyn said...

Your June and July finishes are all so pretty Shirlee.
I love the different colorways of the LH piece.
Marilyn

cucki said...

They all so cute too.
Big hugs x

Justine said...

Gorgeous smalls! I love This is my Joy in all of the colourways, but especially the green on cocoa linen. Can't wait to see how you finish them up!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching, Shirlee! I love that you've chosen not to stitch certain things you don't like in the designs - power to the people! :D

Lulu said...

Congrats on completing so many beautiful ornaments last month!

Vickie said...

Whoo Hoo! What a lot of stitching you have accomplished. Good for you. The two deer are wonderful. :) The red and green versions of This Is My Joy are fantabulous.

CalamityJr said...

Wow - that's some great stitching in just two months! Every single one is lovely, and it was great seeing all the variations of This is My Joy together.

Karen said...

Love all of your stitching! Thanks for sharing the snowflake and different colorways. I have some colored fabric in my stash that would be perfect for this cute little ornament.

happy stitching....

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Shirlee you are amazing, astonishing and such an inspiration. I, too, love your first finish on this post the most. Thanks, too, for the link to the snowflake freebie. love Kaye

marly said...

My goodness! You've been doing some stitching girl! Great ornaments and choices.

Simply Victoria said...

Fabulous work, lady! You have been very busy since your surgery. So glad you have been enjoying yourself with some beautiful ornaments!

Julie said...

This is my joy looks so wonderful in all the differing colours... beautiful work.

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic little finishes!!

Maggee said...

Wonderful stitching on ALL! I am inspired... Well, actually, I have already stitched ONE ornament for the year... and have a few lined up. Hugs!

Linda said...

Congrats on all the June and July finishes Shirlee. They are all gorgeous.

Linda

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful stitching! I love them all! I stitched "This Is My Joy" a couple years ago and like you, I want to stitch it in other colorways too.

Carol said...

Shirlee--you're making me blush! Yes, there are plenty of things I can't do (knit, crochet, quilt, paint, and the list goes on and on!). But thank you for your compliments...

WOW! Your ornaments are amazing--love each and every one. The snowflake in blue is outstanding--think I'll be making another one soon :) I'm so glad you've gotten the 40ct. fever--it's so easy to stitch on with one thread, don't you think?

Hope your week is off to a good start, my friend :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful ornaments Shirlee - where is time going this year xx

Anne said...

More adorable Christmas ornaments!! Yahoo!! I just loooove the two by two deer! So sweet! The Estonian snowflakes are ones I stitched when I first started blogging and made them red and green. I really like the blue you chose. Circle ornaments are nice if you can cut a proper circle! I made one for my mom and it was really fiddly but it turned out beautifully. Good luck with yours dear Shirlee!! Hugs from me and Titus...say hello to Sophie!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another great post of lovely ornies! I'm not so sure about the first one, the tree looks like the sheep nibbled on it LOL.

But the PS ones are gorgeous, I do like the style, it's very distinctive. I also have a thing about partridge in pear tree designs, alot of designers seem to do the first one in the series but no more.

Your four colour schemes show what a difference it can make, love the white on green fabric.

Annette-California said...

WOW Love every ornament you stitched. I too love the deer one and how beautiful each snowflake you stitched in different colors looks fantastic. Love all the PS designs you stitched too.
love Annette

Shebafudge said...

What wonderful stitching Shirlee. I can believe how different This is my Joy looks stitched on different fabrics and with different threads. I think the bottom one is probably my favourite but they are all gorgeous. I am off to have a look for that design now. It's not one I recognise!