Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yiota's XStitch Kit Review

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by Yiota, owner of Yiota's XStitch, asking me if I would be interested in reviewing one of the cross stitch kits she offers.  I didn't have to think twice about my answer to that question ... of course I was interested!  I was then told to make my choice & it would be mailed to me.

Choosing the kit was very difficult because Yiota's offerings are so many!  After much consideration I decided to choose a design that was totally "me" featuring a lot of snow, a cozy country cottage in which I can picture myself cross stitching & glancing up every now & again looking out the window as more snow falls, & a fabulous snowman!  There are 2 children building the snowman but in my mind they are me & Ruthie, my best friend from high school.  Snowmen have a special meaning for us which I will have to tell you about one of these days   : )

I have seen reviews of Yiota's cross stitch kits before but reading the reviews barely prepares you for how wonderful they are!  It is only when you see them in person that you can really appreciate the quality & attention to detail.  The first thing that caught my eye was the threads to be used in the design.  They are Madeira threads, all wound neatly onto bobbins & plainly numbered.   I have never used this brand of thread before but I am really looking forward to doing so!  It has a beautiful sheen!  Also included in the kit is a piece of evenweave plenty big enough to stitch the design.  Yiota even included a needle!

Don't you hate it when you buy a cross stitch chart & you have to use your magnifier in order to read it?  You won't have that problem with Yiota's charts!  I am very impressed not only by how clearly the chart is printed but by the symbols used for each color of thread.  Each symbol is easily readable & they are all very distinct from one another which means there is no way someone is going to confuse one symbol for another!  Hallelujah!

Yiota also includes a basic instruction sheet which clearly describes what a cross stitch is, how to make it, & how to prepare your fabric.  Someone with no experience in cross stitching whatsoever could easily follow these instructions.
I would not hesitate to order more kits from Yiota.  There are, in fact, several others I have my eye on which I'm sure will be making their way to my home before too long   : )   Yiota does not only offer kits however!  You can purchase the charts by themselves if that is what you want to do ... the choice is up to you!  

Thank you, Yiota, for choosing me to review one of your kits!  I'm going to have a lot of fun stitching this!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for the review! I am so glad you like it.

Kaisievic said...

This is such a gorgeous design you have chosen. Thanks for your review and for sharing with us.

Michelle said...

Its a beautiful design x

Vickie said...

Wow! I like it. Awesome choice.

Janet P said...

Can I come and have a cup of tea with you in that cottage, it just looks really cosy and comfy. Madeira threads are good.x

♥ Nia said...

Pretty choice! :)

Mouse said...

ooooo looks a gorgeous one you have picked and a beautiful review you have done too :) love mouse xxxx

Debra said...

That is a beauriful pattern!

twinpeakprimitives said...

I love winter itself and all things related with. It is so lovely pattern and very tasty choice!

TheCrankyCrow said...

???? That's cross stitch??? Really??? Does it have like a pattern preprinted or screened on it somehow - or is that ALL stitching? Yikes....I see "forever" looming before my eyes....But it is gorgeous! Keep us posted on your progress!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin