Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hot Chocolate

I recently mentioned the hot chocolate machine my husband gifted to me last year. I had devised "the perfect recipe" for hot chocolate but neglected to write it down somewhere.  I realized this a week or two ago when the first cool morning arrived in the devil's playground.  I got the machine out of the cupboard & thought "what now?"  I took a guess & that first mug of HC was pretty good.  A tad too chocolaty perhaps but drinkable.  I'll ease up on the dark chocolate next time.

My next attempted recreation was white hot chocolate.  I didn't recall expending much effort on this version last year.  Milk & chopped Ghirardelli white chocolate.  It seemed to be missing a little something though but it was likewise drinkable.  Not enough white chocolate perhaps?

I decided this afternoon to treat myself again but really "go wild" with the experimentation.  Milk?  Check.  Ghirardelli white chocolate?  Check.  But this time I added a bit of stevia sweetener & half a teaspoon of french vanilla extract.  Hot lusciousness!

Do you see the thick foam on top?  That is what this wonderful hot chocolate machine gives you!  

I notice that I have a couple new followers! Welcome!  I'm very glad you stopped by to visit & decided to keep coming !  Many hugs to my regular followers as well   : )

22 comments:

Vickie said...

ooOoo! That looks good Shirlee! I must confess here. I drink hot chocolate all year round. (blushing piggie here!) Granted not often in summer months, but still. My husband likes mint hot chocolate, not me though. Maybe you might?

♥ Nia said...

Sounds delicious!! I love foam like that on my cappuccino :) ehheeheh
Enjoy!!! :D

bettyj said...

that looks delish!!!!!

Kaisievic said...

Now Shirlee, have you written the recipe down this time? Looks really good!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Yum!!!! I Love hot chocolate!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Carol said...

That looks so tempting, Shirlee!! I'm not much of a hot drink drinker, but I do love a good cup of cocoa every now and then :)

Mouse said...

ooooooo perfect white moustache hot chocolate drink ;) heheheh
thanks for experimenting ... now can you send a bucket load over here please as it is defo hot chocolate weather BRRRRRR :) love mouse xxxxx

Judy said...

Yummmmmm...nice that you enjoy your hot chocolate machine!

Judy heartland stitcher

Nicola said...

It sounds scrumptious.

tangerinedream73 said...

Looks yummy Shirlee. I sent you an email, hope you received it. Hugs!


Amy Varnell-Miller

Carolyn @ The Baseball Stitcher said...

That looks great!! So good in fact, I think I'm going to drag out my latte machine and make one right now! Latte that is -- not chocolate. I gotta have my coffee.

marly said...

Open the back door. I'm coming over.

butterfly said...

What a yummy yummy drink.
Looks just wonderful , You could sprinkle a little chocolate powder on the top , in some of the coffee shops here they do a little pattern on the top.hugs.

butterfly said...

Yummy yummy, I am coming over right now. hugs

Mii Stitch said...

This looks yummy!! Can I have one too, please??

Chris said...

I love white chocolate. This looks heavenly!
Happy Wednesday!

Krista said...

mmmm, vanilla and white chocolate? YUM!

Joysze said...

That looks too good to drink, Shirlee!! ;)

Michelle said...

Looks lovely sadly I cannot drink hot chocolate as it always gives me a migraine x

Sally said...

Now that looks delicious. Something else we have in common! I love hot chocolate.

Grit said...

Wow, what fantastic pictures from autumn.
Liebe Grüße Grit

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...confession time. After you posted several times last year about your wonderful machine, I bought one (sort of a Christmas gift for me and Lil' Crow who, like me, enjoys a good cuppa latte every now and again...) Confession: I took it out of the box after several months and still haven't used it. Frankly, I don't know how! I probably could figure out the hot chocolate...but the latte and cappucinno??? The little instruction book is a wee bit lacking in the basic directions if you ask me.... Anywho - if you could please share your hot chocolate recipe (at whatever stage of tweaking it is in at this point), I'd be most grateful...Perhaps we can start with that and I will build up my courage from there to experiment??? Smiles & Hugs from your Idiot Twin ~ Robin