Friday, November 9, 2012

Panic Revisited

In yesterday's post I mentioned panic, specifically the panic I have recently begun to feel regarding all the gifts I want to stitch for Christmas.  I actually started my Christmas stitching a couple months ago so you would think this panicky feeling would not be a part of my life, but it is.  This is just the tip of the iceberg though.  I look around me & see total chaos in my  home.  I've written before about the moving boxes everywhere, the clutter, etc.  I've lived like this for so long now you would think I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I am.  I have always been a very neat, very clean, very "a place for everything, & everything in its place" kind of person.  I have made references to my OCD in the past but it's not a joke.  I really do have OCD.  This cartoon really is me.
 
Although I have sort of shelved the OCD part of me that needs neatness & order in things, it still bothers me very much to live as though we just emptied the moving truck.  I hope the new year will bring me & my DH (A) another moving truck to move us somewhere else, or (B) the ability to graciously accept that we are stuck here in the devil's playground & have to make the best of it.  

Hmmmm ... I got a bit off track there.  This post was supposed to be about panic, specifically the panic of Christmas approaching & the realization that all I want to accomplish is not going to be accomplished.  I was looking for a cartoon to illustrate this & in my search I came across this video for a song called "Where's the Line to See Jesus?"  I had never heard of this song before.  I clicked on the link to watch the video & it certainly gave me pause.  Christmas is not to be preceded by weeks of intense cleaning & baking. Christmas is not overloading my home with decorations. Christmas is not spending money I don't have.  Christmas is not a time for stress. Christmas is a time to find peace in God's gift of love to us.  
I feel less panicked already   : )

14 comments:

Edgar said...

What a super video!! Thx

Vickie said...

Perfect! Just perfect Shirlee. Thank you.♥

Mii Stitch said...

So nice! Have a fab weekend, full of x x x

Angela CG said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.

butterfly said...

So beautiful, Thanks sweet friend hugs.

Siobhán said...

Beautiful, Shirlee! Thanks for sharing. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I can sympathise with the OCD feelings, by the way it should be CDO with the letters in alphabetical order because that's the proper way of doing things LOL.

And yes we do get too stressed over what is supposed to be a holiday. Chill out!!

Angela said...

What a wonderful reminder !

Maggee said...

Made the hair at the back of my neck all the way down my arms stand up!! Pretty awesome! Gonna be stealing this idea for my blog too! Reminds me of another one that makes you stop and think called Don't Save it All For Christmas Day by Avalon. Thanks for sharing Shirlee! Hugs!

marly said...

I may have to post this video too. Glad it helped you - keep it handy as the time draws near!

~Sara said...

Thanks for the reminder. Blessings~Sara

Peggy Lee said...

Are you sure we aren't long lost sisters? Your OCD issues sound SO like ME! I flit from room to room, from one little project to another and never really get anything accomplished.
Thanks for the video.
Beautiful!
:o)

cucki said...

aww so beautiful..
thank you dear friend xxx

geeky Heather said...

Amen, sister! =)