Sunday, August 25, 2013

... and then there were geese

Things were a bit shaky for a while, but Beulah finally regained her health & is once again able to be outside where she enjoys taking care of her much beloved geese, Lucy & Laverne   : )  
Designer:  Stacy Nash
Design Tweaker:  The Easily Influenced Stitcher
Design:  Christmas Goose Pinkeep (Stacy)
or
Beulah Feeds the Geese Pinkeep (TEIS)
Fabric:  30 ct Old Salem linen
Floss:  DMC

I really like how this turned out but I think the process of picking a few different floss colors than what Stacy had in mind took longer than the stitching itself.  Sometimes I surprise myself by my patience & sticktoitiveness.  Although it may sometimes appear otherwise, I do not get my jollies by burning trying projects in my kitchen sink   : )
Today I will be choosing a new project.  This is always an exciting time, isn't it?  What will it be, what will it be.  Last night I woke up an hour & a half after I went to bed.  I was dreaming that I was at some sort of party or maybe it was a dance club.  I remember I was spinning around very, very fast, sort of like an ice skater gracefully bent at the waist to one side with one arm curved above her head, but I wasn't wearing ice skates ... I was just kind of suspended in mid-air ... & the song Everybody Have Fun Tonight by Wang Chung was playing.  It that doesn't knock you wide awake, I don't know what does.  I got up, came out to the dining room, & decided to start looking at my past issues of Just Cross Stitch Ornaments to see what kind of stitching trouble I could get into.  I've also been having design ideas roaming through my brain for some time now so I'm torn between designing & stitching my own project vs. choosing an already designed JCS ornament.  I can't even begin to fathom doing both since I am a OOAT stitcher (one at at time).  I know that many of you are blissfully happy having 2 or 3 or even a dozen projects going at the same time.  I would need a long stay in a padded room if I ever attempted that.  

I hope you all have a lovely & blessed Sunday!  I wasn't feeling well yesterday so John & I did not sit out on the front porch a time or two rocking & talking like we usually do on nice days.  I'm looking forward to doing some of that today   : )

27 comments:

Vickie said...

Beulah turned out great. Good for you! I am an OOAT stitcher too. I hope you have a nice, relaxing Sunday. I am not. I am back to the doctor tomorrow.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hope your are feeling better today, Shirlee! Your Beulah looks great; congratulations on your finish. Looking forward to seeing what your next project will be!

Robin in Virginia

Catherine said...

Sweet finish!! She looks much better now!

CalamityJr said...

Can't wait to see what you've chosen to do next - and to hear that you feel better and got to spend that time on the porch! Take care of yourself.

gracie said...

Love the stitched piece....hope you feel better today.... keeping you in my thoughts.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your finish looks fantastic! Great job picking out the colors. Good luck choosing your next project!

Maggee said...

Hope you feel good enough to enjoy time outside with Hubby! Beulah looks MUCH better now! Green face?? A little too primitive for me also! Hugs!

Annette-California said...

Beulah is Beautiful:) Congrats on her finish. Feel better soon and I hope you feel up to getting to sit on the front porch sounds delightful.
love Annette

Simply Victoria said...

Beulah looks great! Can't wait to see the designs of TEIS!! Enjoy a little rocking and chatting with John!

Linda said...

Congrats on finishing Beulah. She looks great.

Linda

Giovanna said...

Very pretty finish, congrats!

marly said...

Looks great Shirlee. Hope you have some rocking time and Wang Chung tonight.

Peggy Lee said...

Oh Beulah dahhling....you're gorgeous!!
Lucy and Lavern are nothing to sneeze at too.
Great job!

Kaisievic said...

Dear Shirlee, Oh, I hope that you are well today. I will keep that picture of you and John on the porch in my mind as I go back to work for a full day today and believe me it will be full on!
Love your little goose girl and I cannot wait to see what you stitch next.

Myra said...

Beulah looks great Shirlee! I am having floss frustration right now too. After frogging my first 2 choices I am hoping the 3rd time will be the charm.

Pam in IL said...

Bealah looks awesome! I knew you'd get it all worked out.

I'm anxious to see what you'll start (or design) next.

Michelle said...

A lovely design Shirlee xx

Brigitte said...

Such a sweet little finish. Great colours of thread and fabric.

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet finish! It turned out great at the end :) Can't wait to see your new start!

Shebafudge said...

Beluah and her geese look brilliant! A lovely finish and well done on your sticktoitiviness (great new word!!!)

Chris said...

Lovely finish! I wonder what you have picked for your next project?
Have a great week!

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet finish..I love the material color too.
Hope you are well.
Hugs xx

Kendra said...

Your project look fabulous! Choosing a new project is exciting but I find it a bit stressful too-so many projects, so little time lol!
Good Luck!

Kendra

Edgar said...

What a super finish!! Congrats!!!

Melanie said...

Very nice finish, after all that. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beulah looks lovely. I would have named the other goose "Lastic" so you could have Lucy Lastic which is a very bad joke about your draws falling down my Dad used to tell!

Karyn said...

Dear sweet Beulah is awesome! I love your finish, Shirlee, and I am so pleased to see her tending to her geese without a green face :)

I can't wait to see what you start next...

Hugs
Ma