Saturday, August 3, 2013

Before & After

I wasn't going to blog this, but at the urging of a fellow blogger, here I am, once again proving how easily influenced I am   : )

Over the past 2 years, I grew to be quite tubby.  Not as tubby as at one time in my life, but I wasn't far from that time.  I decided in June that enough was enough & it was time to once again pursue the path of weight loss.  I decided to go with a a weight loss plan I had success with in the past.  Although it may sound rather questionable, it was given to me by my doctor whilst I was living in Virginia, it's praises sung by my next doctor when I moved to Tennessee, & blessed yet again by my doctor when I moved here to the devil's playground.  The point of the diet is to get every bit of sugar out of your system.  It is a 7 week process of very limited food choices which must be weighed, measured, & counted in very small portions.  Not fun.  However, it does the job.

I began the diet on June 13 & ended it yesterday, August 2.  It was more difficult this time around than in the past because I had a 16-day stall when the scale kept bouncing around a 1-1/2 pound range.  I stuck with it, however, & am glad I did.  In 7 weeks, I lost 31 pounds & an unbelievable 28-1/2 inches.  Although I can tell that my face is thinner & the waistband on my pants is a bit looser, I have not dropped any sizes. That is something I don't understand, but it is what it is.  

BEFORE - June 13, 2013
AFTER - August 2, 2013
I will now continue dieting but will be following a low-carb/food combining program which likewise has worked well in the past for me.  I'll stay on this until I reach my goal.  It's not difficult & I can eat almost anything that isn't white & doesn't have any sugar in it or is anything that will turn to sugar once I eat it.  Wish me luck   : ) 

23 comments:

Linda said...

You look great Shirlee and I can see a big difference. You weren't that big to begin with. I was over 300 lbs and have now lost 26 lbs in about a month. Basically not eating bread, potatoes, candy and ice cream.
Good luck!!!!! You CAN do it.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh Shirlee! You look great!! Good for you girlfriend. You accomplished much, yes you did. You can see it in your face and neck AND arms. Wahoo!! So proud of you. I really like your hairstyle now. It looks very good on you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Uh, you lied to me, I cannot see the Dancing Elephant from my photo!

You look curvy and great!!

marly said...

Congratulations! I do not have the patience to count and weigh and measure, which is another way of saying I can't give up my sweets. Wish I could. I LOVE the hairstyle change too. The vistas in the background are just wonderful.

Shebafudge said...

Wow Shirlee, it's easy to see an amazing difference. Well done for having the willpower to stick to it :)

Peggy Lee said...

Woo-hoo!! I am so proud of you! You are an inspiration to many. I know I couldn't stick to a diet as strict as this because I am a carboholic.
Must.Have,Carbs.

Simply Victoria said...

You look fabulous, dear! So glad you were easily influenced to share ;) Love the new hairstyle too! Keep up the great self-control! xx

Danice G said...

Shirlee, I really can see a weight loss on your After photo. You are doing great :)

gracie said...

Good for you...follow your plan and we are here to cheer you on.

Roberta said...

You do look great and I really admire your willpower being able to stay on that diet for so long and when the scale wasn't cooperating! I know that's the hardest part. Good luck with continuing on! ~Roberta

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go, Shirlee! Keep up the great work! You are very inspiring.

Robin in Virginia

Carol said...

Shirlee, Shirlee, Shirlee--what a great job you've done over the past 7 weeks. I'm so proud of you!! You look wonderful and I see a huge difference... I, myself, can't imagine how you gave up all sugar--I mean sugar is even in my so-called "healthy" breakfast cereal. Were you allowed to eat fruit?

I hope the next phase is as successful--you'll have to treat yourself to a whole new wardrobe :)

Congratulations!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Well done! You can definitely tell the difference!

I'm currently in my own battle with my pudgy tummy...18lbs lost so far, I have been stuck at this for about three/four weeks now. Its hard not to lose motivation but I am going to persevere and hopefully the scales will start to show some more results soon.

Julie said...

You look great, I can tell the difference, good luck with the plan.

Robin said...

Good for you! Keep up the good work. It's crazy how those pounds creep up on us!

Chris said...

Wow! You look amazing! It is such a struggle. Big Hugs!!

Unknown said...

Looking good, keep up the good work.:)

Now, if I could get that motivated...


Have a great week!
Sonia

Mii Stitch said...

What a transformation!!! You look so different (in better, of course :D) Well done & keep it up!! I'm so struggling with my weight loss this time: healthy eating, excercise & my scales are stuck on the same number for the past weeks!!! Congrats, you really look amazing x

Melanie said...

Very good job!!! You look amazing!

Marie said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, you are doing (and look) GREAT.

I must say that I love your new, shorter hair!

Continued success.

Catherine said...

Wow! You look great ~ congrats to you and continued success on this journey ~ I know it is not always an easy process!

Maggee said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Sugar is definitely a problem for us! I did that diet years ago for my kids, during the summer. I remember how difficult it was to cut out sugar. It is in everything! My one daughter that had the problem has now no interest in sugar pretty much. The rest of us--not so fast! Congrats again, on posting pictures! You are very brave! Hugs!

Anne said...

You are looking fabulous Shirlee!! It always feels good to slip on clothes that feel a bit loose doesn't it?! I'm trying to do the same as you but am not having much luck at the moment. Perhaps not eating so many french fries would help :D

Hugs!