Friday, September 2, 2011

Desperately Seeking Long Arm Machine Quilter!!!

As some of you know, my husband & I have been searching for many, many years for some long lost family members & we finally found them about 3 weeks ago!  We found out that they had been searching for us as well!  We are all very happy to have found each other   : )

We were told that our nephew Bryan, who was 5 or 6 years old the last time we saw him, & his wife Kristy were expecting their first child soon.  As you can see by yesterday's post, that child arrived on Wednesday morning & John & I are now a great-uncle & great-aunt   : )

I just have to make this little cutie a baby quilt & I need to finish it quick!  I can whip the top together this weekend but I don't have a long arm machine, nor do I any longer know someone who has one.  We have no quilt shops nearby.  Is there anyone reading this who does long arm quilting or knows someone who does who can do a good job of quilting a baby quilt (probably between baby & crib size) & get it back to me in a week or so after receiving it?  I don't want anything fancy ... just a large meander pattern.

Keeping my fingers crossed!  I would like to be able to give the quilt to little Lana when we see her at the beginning of October   : )

3 comments:

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Shirlee, Congrats on the family find!!! How exciting!!!! We had that happen last spring with family from Ireland, they even came here last year to met us!!! OLM

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great news and Congrats on finding your family members.
Sorry I can't help you with the quilt ~ hope you get it done.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Trace4J said...

How wonderful for you all! Nothing in the world better than FAMILY!
Blessings Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com