Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Morning

"Come to Me, all you who labor & are heavy-laden & overburdened,
& I will cause you to rest.
[I will ease & relieve & refresh your souls.]"
Matthew 11:28

I've been thinking about this scripture a lot this week.  Isn't it a wonderful one?  God is literally telling us that no matter what we are going through, He is there to comfort us!  Are things not going well at work?  Are you experiencing some sort of health problem?  Is a friend or family member causing you stress in some way?  Does it seem like you have way more to do than is humanly possible?  Does it seem like whatever you attempt to do ends up being a big mess?  God is just waiting for you to talk with Him about it & He is always available!  That really means a lot to me.

The above quote is from the Amplified Bible.  I rarely refer to the Amplified Bible because I find it to be a very tedious read most of the time, but every once in a while it expands & defines a scripture in such a beautiful, clear-cut way that it really touches your soul.  I love how the writers have expanded this scripture to read "I will ease & relieve & refresh your souls."  Our souls all need to be eased & relieved & refreshed from time to time.  It is at these times that we need to remember that we can sit with God & tell Him exactly how we are feeling & He will ... in sometimes the most unexpected way ... ease & relieve & refresh our souls.  Hallelujah!  

2 comments:

Trace4J said...

Hello Friend!
That is my very favorite verse!
Thanks for sharing. I've claimed it so many many times in my life. There is a song based on that scripture I will carry you..I will carry you my child. I love it..
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

A Primitive Homestead said...

A scripture to hold fast to. Blessings!
Lara