Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Few Things I've Learned In Just One Morning

1.  Use coffee when staining things, not tea.  Coffee does a better job.

2.  Wear waterproof gloves when you need to hold something in order to spray it with coffee.

3.  Washing your hands with Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach will remove coffee stains from your hands & fingernails.

4.  A liberal rubbing with scented hand cream will remove almost all the odor of Soft Scrub Gel with Bleach from your hands.

5.  Quit while you're ahead.  When you've resprayed something using coffee & it looks "okay," don't go crazy & think "I bet if I use a coffee/vanilla mixture & apply it with a foam brush instead of spraying it on, it will look even better!"

6.  Know the sound of your oven timer & don't have any noises being produced in your home that might drown it out.

7.  Sometimes things work out even when you don't know what you're doing.


10 comments:

Debra said...

Shirlee- they look wonderful!
Now you can rest easy!!

renee said...

Beautiful Shirlee,
You did awesome and you know sometimes accidents are the best teacher! LOL! Love them!

Trace4J said...

I just love!! Turned out great!
Especially the pumpkins.
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Brenda said...

Those turned out great Shirlee!!

Brenda

TheCrankyCrow said...

You're too funny Shirlee! Thanks for the "tips!" They look great....no one would have known the grief they gave you....Now go and stitch on!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (LOVE those pumpkins!!) ;o)

Diane said...

Beautiful job! Guess I'll have to try the coffee instead of tea on the next items that I stain :)
Thanks for the tips..

Hugs,
Diane

Jessica said...

I love how your pinkeeps turned out! Now I want to stitch those patterns too. ;) (I have a list of patterns a mile long that I want to do!)

Now that you've done it, you can keep on doing it and know what not to do. (Such a great lesson we learn... more than once!) You are brave to use a coffee spray. I know I would get that all over me and everything else around me. lol. I brush coffee stain on with whatever paint brush I can find around the house.

bettyj said...

Thanks for the smile and the pinkeeps look really good.

Margaret said...

Well you did a good job with them, that's all that matters, right? They look great!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

They turned out great Shirlee!
Prim Blessings
Robin