Tuesday, March 13, 2012

6 Hours In A Dentist's Chair

This is going to be a bit of a quickie post just so you all know I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth if you don't see any posts or comments from me for the next day or two.  Yesterday morning I had a dentist appointment at 9 o'clock to get 2 temporary crowns & a temporary bridge placed.  6 hours later I was finally on my way home!  I have no idea why it took so long except my dentist is a perfectionist & takes her time to make sure things are done right.  Granted, this in itself is a good thing ... but she turned over the final cementing of the temporaries to her assistant who doesn't seem to have quite the same work ethic as she does.  The assistant cemented the temporaries on a bit unevenly & one crown doesn't even meet my gum line.  I didn't notice this until last night when the anesthetic had worn off.  I've also got some kind of blisters or something on the inside of my upper lip which are not pleasant to say the least.  Lots of pain & discomfort although this is caused by the teeth, not by the blisters   : (   I need to go to Lexington in a few hours to take care of some medical stuff so I'm going to try to call the dentist when I get back & see if I can come back into the office for her to see this.  I've got a doctor appointment on Wednesday morning, a possible optometrist appointment on Thursday, & more problems than you can shake a stick at that I need to make calls about to try to get taken care of.  Argh!

On the way to the dentist's office I stopped at a red light on my way into Danville & saw these forsythia bushes.  I just had to grab my new camera out of my purse to snap them.  This is the main road into the city of Danville heading east.  The buildings you can sort of see on the right side are part of Centre College.  As soon as I got my camera out of its case & turned it on the light changed so I had to take this picture really quick.  It still turned out pretty good, all things considered.

We have a forsythia bush in our yard but it just has a few green leaves on it right now.  These particular bushes in this photo are always rather spectacular when they bloom.  

That's it.  I told you this was going to be quick.  I'll check in again as soon as I can.

18 comments:

Trace4J said...

Morning Shirlee
Sayin a lil prayer for ya girlfriend. What a week for you.
Love the photo. Spring is on the way when you see yellow.
Hugs to you
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Chris said...

Ugh! The dentist. At least the next appt. will be faster:)
Happy Tuesday :)

Vickie said...

Oh Shirlee! I have prayed for you too. Hang in there and take pain meds. :) ♥

Dawn said...

Hope the rest of your apts go better for you. What a week you have. Saying prayers for you

Siobhán said...

Yikes!! I can't believe it took 6 hours! I hope things get sorted quickly with the crown. I had problems when I got a crown in about 15 years or so ago. I'm saying prayers that all the medical and dental stuff goes well.

I loved seeing the forsythia bush--sweet memories of the forsythia at my childhood home.

marly said...

I hate going to the dentist. Hope your permanent work fits perfectly and all else health related goes well.

Carol said...

Six hours???!!! Oh, Shirlee--I can't imagine... And it sounds like you have to go back for another session! Sure hope all is well with your bite after your next appointment.

Sally said...

Oh Shirlee sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts for all your appointments. 6 hours at the dentist! No no no that's not good! I'd hate that. I'm bad enough going for a check up let alone anything else. I've got to go for a filling next Tuesday and am already dreading it! Take care my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That's wahat I immediatly thought reading your tittle!
I hate going to the dentist like everybody else!!!
The photos are turning out just fine, even from the car!
Hope all goes well with the appointments you have!
Hugs

~*Sharee*~ said...

6 Hours!!! Girl there should be an award for sitting there that long. Hope your able to get back into see her and get that fixed. Good luck at the Dr.

Hugs,Shar

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Good Morning Shirlee! My what a busy week you have. And 6 hrs at the dentist, oh my! I could'nt have done it!! I hope your able to get back there and have it fixed. Good Luck with the rest of your appointmaents! sending Prayers to you!!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

jennifer768 said...

Ouch! Shirlee six hours in a dentist chair would have had them calling the guys with the little white coat for me .Brings back to many painful memories.Sure hope that you can get in to get the problem taking care of soon.Praying for you girl,sure have a lot on your plate this week.Big hugs,Jen

Ronda said...

Yuck...me no likey dentist at all!...hope it's all good real soon.
Blessings,
~Ronda

Michelle said...

Oh Shirlee how brave - thinking of you and sending you hugs xx

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Sorry to hear it didn't go well at the dentist. Hope they can make it right when you go back. Sounds like you have a really busy week ~ hope all your other appt. go well for you.
Love seeing the fresh new colors of spring!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Did she at least send you home with some good drugs??? Boo hoo - so sorry to read this girlfriend - and of the other medical issues looming. I know the toll a scurry of appointments like that can take on a person - I had my share yesterday and it starts up again tomorrow - and none of them are even "my" appointments (mum and Little Crow's) - so I can only imagine what you're going through. Hope things go well and you get things sorted out with flying colors (forsythia yellow would be nice)....Will be thinking good thoughts for you - and saying many prayers.....Hugs ~ Robin

Nicola said...

Brave you, six hours !!! I think that I would have passed out. I'm off now in the next 30 minutes for y appointment (:(:.

So pleased you are enjoying your new camera.

bettyj said...

Poor thing! 6 hours! Ugg
Feel better soon.