Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Exhausted!

My husband & I had fun running errands in Lexington today but all the running around coupled with the 84-degree temperature really did us in!  We got back home around 2:30 & went to bed for 3 hours!  You can tell we aren't used to being very active ... lol!

One of the places I visited while we were there was Whole Foods.  It's a wonderful organic market.  There used to be one near us when we lived in Virginia & I really enjoyed shopping there.  I needed to pick up some oat bran to sprinkle in my shakes that I'll probably start having next week per the doctor's orders.  In the meantime I also picked up some sesame flat bread (love that stuff), chocolate cookies, & a huge soft pretzel which is calling to me as I write this   : )   I truly am looking forward to starting my weight loss program ... it will be nice to have an easier time buying clothes & wearing things in my closet that haven't fit me for years, not to mention having an easier time breathing & walking across a room!  However, giving up all my comfort foods is going to be a bit difficult at first.  I do know it all will be worth it in the end.

I was just out in the yard watering the gardens where new things have been planted recently & now my nose is running like crazy & my chest feels tight.  Looks like allergy season has arrived!  I don't know yet what tomorrow is going to bring but that's life, isn't it.  The older I get, the more I'm learning that I need to live in the present.  As Joyce Meyer often says, if we are always looking ahead to the future ... how wonderful things will be when ____________ (fill in the blank) ... then we are missing all the good things happening now!

Okay, pretzel time   : )

1 comments:

Laura said...

I'm happy to hear that you and John have spent a lovely day -although tiring-
Good luck for your "weight loss program" ! Tomorrow I will call a dietician: I absolutely have to talk with him just to discuss about my last blood-exams and about my "eating habits".
Ciao ciao!
Laura