Monday, May 9, 2011

Life After FarmVille

I admit it ... I used to be a FarmVille addict.  For those of you not familiar with FarmVille, it is an internet game which can be a lot of fun to play & you can become friends with some very nice people from all over the world.  It can also be very addictive, very annoying, & very expensive.  After 19 months of playing, 9 days ago I decided I had enough & left the game ... & I've got a life again!  I think I've gotten more things accomplished in the last 9 days than I've accomplished in the last 19 months!  It's a good feeling   : )

It took 3 days but I'm finished mowing our yard turned hay field.  It was a difficult job but well worth the effort.  Hopefully the grass will never get so out of hand again!  Thus far I've gotten 4 flower beds weeded & cleaned up after winter's neglect.  John & I purchased a few new trees & bushes this past weekend which we've planted along with some new flowering plants.  I have 3 more flower beds to get in shape as well as the rose garden.  We bought 2 new rose bushes today to replace 2 that went to that big rose garden in the sky.  There is still a lot of work that needs done & everything is a long way from magazine quality, but it's all coming together little by little   : )

I have a problem with depression.  There are a lot of reasons I can cite for causing this sometimes but at other times it doesn't seem to be connected to anything ... I just "feel depressed."  I've tried various medications over the years & have not had good results with any of them, but this isn't the point of my mentioning this depression thing.  Like I said, sometimes for no apparent reason I just "feel depressed" & I will say to my husband "I'm depressed" or "I feel depressed today."  Well, yesterday I was on the riding mower just mowing along when suddenly I thought "I feel happy."  Almost knocked me off the mower!  If you were to ask anyone who knows me what is the least likely thing they think I'd ever say, I'm sure "I feel happy" would be among the answers you'd get.  It's like I don't know what to do with this ... lol!  I'm very thankful for it though   : )

Tomorrow we are going to Lexington to run some errands so that will cross a few more things off my to-do list.  Isn't it funny though ... we get various things done but there's always other things to do that take their place.  Such is life   : )                    

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I used to play Farmville and Fontierville. I liked the frontier game a lot, but for many reasons I decided it best to stop. I didn't want to be a slave to it anymore. It was like quitting cigarettes almost, and that was hard!

I have a friend with two accounts AND her mom's account (cuz mom's computer is messed up so she plays for her) and I don't know how she plays all these games, times 3! :( I just pray her kids and real life aren't suffering too much because of it.

That is awesome that you felt happy!! I wanna give ya a high five! lol. I suffer from depression too. I'm not so bad anymore, but I still have my ups and downs, mostly ups I think since coming to Salvation.