Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello everyone!

This will be my first attempt at blogging so I hope you will all bear with me until I get my bearings.  My husband John and I live on a small farm (17 acres) in central Kentucky.  We don't operate it as a farm however.  I like to fantasize about sheep grazing out front and collecting eggs from the chicken house out back, but the only animal we will probably ever have is our indoor cat named Sophie.  We moved here 2 years ago and getting used to the area has been quite a journey ... but that's a story for another time.

I have not done much in the way of decorating the farmhouse because we weren't sure at first that we would stay here.  In reality we still aren't sure but, as the Magic 8-Ball might indicate, our staying here is "Most Likely."  There's a lot of work ahead of us if we do stay.

I enjoy quilting and making other things from fabric, painting, woodworking, and knitting.  My quilts and fabric art are created on an old Singer treadle sewing machine.  I love sewing on that machine   : )   I have suddenly become fascinated with gardening.  I'm told it's quite therapeutic and, as anyone would tell you, I need therapy ... lol!  I am studying gemology.  I love the primitive/country look in decorating.  I love my husband ... my high school sweetheart.  And last, but certainly not least, I love God.

I hope you'll come visit often!  I'm always ready to put the kettle on   : )        

7 comments:

renee said...

Hi Shirlee,
I am happy that you decided to give blogging a try! Whoever told you gardening was therapeutic, was really onto something! LOL! Wink!
I know you are up for the challenge! It's cheaper than a real therapist, and I spend a lot of time talking to the Lord!
Looking forward to seeing what you do! You are quite talented! I know this to be the truth!
Hugs and Blessings,
Renee

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Shirlee
Welcome to blogland!( Renee sent me over!)
So glad your giving it a try~ hope you enjoy it as much as I do!So many nice friends here!!
Your home is so pretty! Can't wait for you to start sharing more pics!
Come visit me on my blog
http://deppenhomestead1862.blogspot.com/
I have been Blogging since August 2010 And I am addicted!
Smiles,
Teresa

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi! Renee sent me over to visit - welcome to Blogland - hope you will stop by my blog and say hello! Can't wait to learn more about you and follow your adventures - You will meet many wonderful ladies along the way.

Blessings - Wendy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Well, these first 3 comments are spot on. I follow all 3 of them and they have great stuff on their blogs. I've been here since April, 2007, kind of a late bloomer. lol
I love my family and the friends I've made here.
Hope you become a friend, too.
★Linda★
First thing you can do for me is do away with the word verification. We aren't exactly sharing insider info and if you do get spam, you can always change to comment moderation. Instructions to do this are on my right hand sidebar-top! We all visit a lot of blogs and this is a real time saver.

bettyj said...

Renee sent me over too. Had a hard time getting here, but your home is beautiful. Don't garden, do like to eat it and look at the flowers, my thumb is just brown! Blogging is therapeutic too.Enjoy your journey. I started in Oct 2010 and have enjoyed it. Hopefully you will too.
betty, through my back door

Jean Barker said...

Hi Shirlee,
Welcome to blogland! Renee sent me over and I can't wait to see some pics of what you make with that old Singer Treadle machine!
Stop over sometime, I'd love to have you as one of my prim friends.
Blessings,
Jean

Laura said...

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y !!!!
Shirlee, welcome to blogland!! What a great surprise to find you here: I immediatly add your blog among my favourite ones!
Laura