Friday, June 24, 2011

Anyone Interested In An Old Walking Wheel?

I have this old walking wheel & really have no room for it.  It's from the mid to late 1800s.  It's not in the best condition ... the wood is dry & faded & there is a bit of cracking/splitting in some places, the front (back?) leg needs a little shim to make it stay put (I have the shim), & there is a part missing (I believe it's the spindle).  I live in central Kentucky so you'd have to come get it ... but I am planning to make a little jaunt to Indiana in another week or two & will be heading to Pennsylvania sometime in September I think so I could always deliver it or meet you somewhere if you live in one of those places or along the way.

I never put it together when I brought it home last year but I took a photo anyway so you'd have an idea what it looks like.  I never bothered to put on the front (back?) leg but you can see it there on the right windowsill   : )


Just send me an email if you are interested at all   : )

I never got any mowing accomplished today ... too much wind ... but John & I did water all the plants & I was very dismayed to see how the weeds are growing like, well, weeds!  Gotta get out there & take care of them before they overrun everything!  Will probably start mowing tomorrow.  

While watering I did get to see something really special.  Remember the photo I posted last week of the eggs in the nest?  I went ahead & peeked in again today & this is what I found ...

  
You can't see clearly but there are 5 sleeping baby birds no doubt dreaming of mama or papa coming to feed them.  How wonderful to see something like this!  

2 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'm sure you will find someone that would be interested in your wheel.
Had a lot of rain here ~ so the weeds are over growing everything. Today is sunny so maybe I'll get them pulled today.
The birds are so cute. Enjoy!
Prim Blessings
Robin

renee said...

So sweet! Love that wheel, but I wouldn't have anywhere for it! LOL! I am sure you will have someone with interest it's beautiful!
Love the little birdies!
Renee