Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Finish to Share : )

You'll probably be seeing a few of these posts over the next week or so   : )   Here is a photo of another one of the finishes I completed last week.  The usual disclaimer for the lousy photography applies.


This is a freebie pattern from The Primitive Hare.  I stitched it on linen using DMC threads & I'm sure you can see my beloved chenille trim that I added   : )   

I woke up this morning at 4:30 ... not really a surprise since I went to bed before 10:00.  Not really a problem either because I love getting up before the sunrise.  It's such a peaceful, relaxing time.  I make myself a cup of tea & then sit down to visit blogs & read emails.  On my dear friend cucki's blog this morning I read a lovely quote about Christmas with which I am going to end this post.  Yes ... I'm doing a short post this morning! Take advantage of this rare brevity while you can   : )   Anyway, I have seen many quotes about Christmas over the years but never this one.  I just had to share it with you.  

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells & lights & tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.

Norman Wesley Brooks
Let Every Day Be Christmas
1976

10 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely finish and lovely sentiment.
Happy Friday!

Angela said...

Good morning Shirlee, First day this week that I slept in this morning. I think I feel better getting up early. Can't get going . Another great finish. Love that chenille trim. Love the quote. Haven't heard it either. Would make a good prim stitchery! Wishing you and John a great weekend
Angela

cucki said...

hello my dearest sweetest friend, a very beautiful finish..i love it so much..sweet..
aww me so happy that you liked this quote,,it is my fav one..love for you with my big beary cucki;s hugs..
kissess too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awesome finish Miss Shirlee - Love the chenille trim....Now, I'll just need to remember this pattern too when I get some me time again. (And, gee, I think this ended up on someone else's blog too....What a generous soul you are....and what a treasured gift.) Beautiful quote....Wishing you a wonderful Friday....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Christine said...

A beautiful finish - thanks so much for the link to the freebie pattern!
I love red and white Christmas patterns!
BTW, I've got a freebie pattern on my blog at the moment if you're interested.
Love Cucki's quote too!
Merry Christmas
Christine

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love your finish SHirlee! I am not a morning person at all. Never have been. Wish I was!

Merry Christmas!

Carmen and the Primcats

Beckyjean said...

Beautiful finish & love the quote!!

Enjoy your evening~Becky

jennifer768 said...

Shirlee it is a beautiful finish!I used to love the early morning too,now I have to many sleepless nights and miss to many of those sunrises.Awesome quote!Hugs,Jen

Sally said...

Your finish is beautiful Shirlee. Do you sew the chenille trim on?

I love that quote. It has a beautiful sentiment.

Andrea said...

A lovely finish and a beautiful sentiment.