Friday, December 9, 2011

Ornaments & Finishings & Central Kentucky

My to-do's have been moving along at a steady pace but I sometimes rue the day I added that little Christmas countdown thingie here on my blog!  Every time I come here, there it is counting down the days/hours/minutes/seconds I have left before the big day gets here!

The day before yesterday I received my last ornament in Amy's ornament exchange.  It was made by Sandi at The Primitive Skate & is amazing!  I don't know why I'm talking as if she sent me one ornament ... she actually sent two!  I do apologize for the "blah" photograph below.  I was in a flurry of taking pictures at that time & although I did a quickie try at hanging them on the tree, I just could not get them to hang nicely for a photo.  I hope you can still see how awesome they are   : )


Over the past couple days I have been busy writing out Christmas cards & wrapping gifts.  I have also, as mentioned in a previous post, been working on my CS project finishes.  John hasn't had to call the men in the white coats to come take me away yet so I guess I'm doing okay.  He tells me I see problems where there aren't any.  Well thanks honey ... I'd maybe put more stock in that remark if you had your glasses on when you looked at my finished items!!!  However, I must admit that even by my standards they aren't too bad.  I don't think anyone is going to gag when they are given one as a gift.  I have finished 5 projects thus far, 2 of which still need to be stained ... another source of fear for me.  There are 2 more projects that are ready to stuff & make into little pillow-type things ... ornies or pinkeeps.  Another one ... one of my old projects I discovered the other day ... actually has a small area of stitching that still needs to be done.  Just a few stitches that will create a little button.  Why I didn't stitch that button way back when is beyond me but I'm guessing I as going to be "creative" & replace the stitched button with a real button.  Finishing that one will be easy.  You'll see soon enough   : )   I'll share pictures of all these things when everything is finished.  At least that's the plan for now.  Some of the things I've decided I'm not going to fuss over right now.  If I can just get these ones done I'll be quite happy   : )  

Today John & I will be taking a drive to Liberty, Kentucky which is about an hour from us.  He received a flier in the mail the other day from the car dealership where we take our van for maintenance.  It's one of those "YOU MAY BE A WINNER!" things.  He had to scratch off this little area on the flier & if the number revealed there matched the winning number shown elsewhere on the flier it's guaranteed that we have won one of the prizes on the list.  Well wouldn't you know it ... our number matches the winning number.  There are also all these offers this dealership is making about trading in your old vehicle & getting a new one.  John seems pretty excited about this.  He says he's read every inch of that flier, all the small print, & there doesn't seem to be any hidden requirements you have to meet.  Call me skeptical but I learned long ago to be wary of things that look too good to be true.  If nothing else we will have a nice drive ... & we are going to drive a little further down the road to go to this little craft shop I haven't been to since last year.  I don't remember the name of the place & it's very small but they have some interesting crafts & prims.  Then on the way home we will probably stop at Missy's, another prim/craft shop.  Missy's isn't actually the name of the shop (can't remember that name either) but it's the name of the owner.  Sometimes you find something there you want but her prices are ridiculously high & most things are mass produced except for the furniture her husband makes which really isn't of very good quality.  You're probably thinking why am I even stopping there ... lol!  Well, it's on the way home ... & it's the Christmas season so the place should be decorated nicely ... & we haven't been there for over a year ... & who knows, maybe I'll find something I just have to bring home.  Doubtful but you never know   : )   I'll post pictures later if I do bring anything home   : )     

5 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like you are in for a fun filled day. Enjoy your travels. Hoping you find some great goodies.
Angela

jennifer768 said...

Hi Shirlee ,while in Liberty you should stop at King's Department store as they have a nice assortment of fabrics.They have pretty reasonable prices too. Hope that you and John have a nice day.Hugs,Jen

BumbleBeeLane said...

Have a nice trip hope you really did win something wonderful.Hubby won a bear from Traci last year,it was the only thing he ever won.LoL..Love the santa hat pocket you got in the ornie swap.Warm Blessings!~Amy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Cute ornies Shrilee!!! But I'm still holding my breath on YOUR finishes!! And - oh, no, really? One of those fliers??? Everybody's number matches - it's just a way to get you in there - and yeah, you win SOMETHING - like so many $ off; a reduced price oil change, etc., but.....sorry....I'll eat my words if you email me tonight saying you won a car. ;o) In any event, it's a good excuse to get out for the day....Hope it was fun. (And, yeah, I rue the day I put that little widget up on my blog too - thinking it might have to go to the "recycle bin" sooner than rather than later....) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

cucki said...

have a lovely safe trip dear.i hope you find great goodies..
keep well xx