Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Heart in Mouth Moment

I'm sure I have experienced some heart in mouth moments in the past but to start out with one this morning was more than I needed!  I made my morning cup of tea & then sat down to read emails & check blog posts ... my usual routine.  When I got to the 3rd or so blog post I suddenly couldn't post a comment.  I had no problems posting comments prior to that.  I went back to my dashboard & decided that refreshing it might fix whatever was happening.  After clicking refresh, I got a screen telling me my blog had been disabled for some violation of Blogger rules!!!  What in the world could little innocent me have done?  I did get an email this morning from some odd entity praising my blog & offering me a chance to promote their clothing sales site on it.  Needless to say I deleted that right away.  Otherwise I've been a model Blogger citizen!

After about half an hour of sheer panic, I thought I'd take a stab at logging in again & this time I got a screen asking me for my phone number so Blogger could give me a special code to type in.  I gave them my cell number, got the code, entered it & all seems relatively well.  I say "relatively" because whereas I had been following 80 blogs I am now following 128.  What's up with that?!?!?  And my "Items" area on my dashboard where it usually shows new blog posts to read ... there are so many that never showed up over the past week or so that I think I'm going to be reading these blog posts for most of the day!

I have no idea what happened here.  I guess I should just be thankful that I have access to my blog again & that I can comment on others.  I think I'll go brew myself another cup of tea & get started reading.  If you have been thinking that I have been choosing to not comment on your blog over the past week ... or maybe even longer! ... just know that I probably did not have any idea you had made one or more new posts.

Maybe I should take a sedative with that tea.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Wierd :)

Trace4J said...

So glad you are back Friend!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

colleens craft shed said...

Strange....but glad your back.
Colleen

jennifer768 said...

So weird Shirlee ,but I am thankful that you are back my friend.I,for one would really miss your posts.Hugs and Christmas Blessings,Jen

~*Sharee*~ said...

I have problems with blogger; it still won't let me copy and paste things on my blog. glad your back...

Hugs, Shar

I put a pic on my blog of my hutch..:)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Blogger is still giving me fits as well - Just last night I went to a blog post and discovered two other posts that had never shown up on my dashboard. And still having problems with it deciding who I should follow apparently. Truly frustrating. I'll have some of that sedative with my tea as well....Happy Saturday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Yeah - I owe you an email.....just busy chasing my tail....) :o

cucki said...

oh no dear...so happy that you are back with all of us..i am so worried now with this blogger..
but so happy that you are back..
hugsssssssssss
love you cucki xx

Kendra said...

Perhaps a Vicadin,Vodka Latte?

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Shirlee,,,YIKES! blogger really needs to get it's act together, but your problem is a new one on me. Have a great night! OLM

cucki said...

hello me again..
my daughter is saying a big awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for the snowman recipe..too..
so lots of awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww are from sunny south africa..
my son is saying lets try the recipe but we dont have snow..lol..
love again..
cucki xx

Carmen and the Primcats said...

The exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. I crapped. And cried a little. And texted Angie in the middle of the night.

In the end... I got mine back too. But not everyone is so lucky. Make sure you back up your blog. GO to my blog and click on blogger tips and it will take you to a post about it and how to back up.

Carmen and the Primcats