Saturday, December 10, 2011

Secret Sisters Stitching Group - Unfortunately Not Going to Happen

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that the Secret Sisters Stitching Group did not get enough interest to make it happen.  That is okay though ... I have another idea   : )  

I think (know) that several people were concerned about how they were going to keep their identities a secret for an entire year.  Others were concerned about committing to a year-long group having no idea what this coming year would bring for them.  To alleviate these fears I am now thinking about hostessing a group where you will remain a secret to the person you are sending to but you will only be sending to that person once.  You will still fill out a questionnaire of sorts indicating your likes/dislikes & you will be assigned someone to send a package to ... but it will only be a one-time mailing.  Perhaps we could do this on a few occasions during the year ... maybe each season or each major holiday.  You would only need to participate when you want to ... not be committed for an entire year.

The original post I made for the Secret Sisters Stitching Group (year long commitment) can be found here ...

http://farmhouseponderings.blogspot.com/2011/11/secret-sisters-stitching-group-anyone.html

The basic concept will be the same.

If anyone is interested in doing the group this way, please comment here & I will again collect names & see if I can get this to happen.

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Hi Shirlee,

Count me in.
Hugs, Kaye xoxo

Jessica said...

Sign me up too Shirlee! I think I like this idea better. Though I really didn't mind the other way, just that I wouldn't be able to send from anywhere other than where I lived. :)

cucki said...

hello dear, please count me in..i love this idea so much.
big hugs
cucki xx

L.O. said...

I would be interested. Sounds like fun. Have a great weekend!